test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greetings to all the new Authors from the Silverstar Community

apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
Hello everyone! Apoc here!
I wanted to be one of the first Silverstars to say Hello to everyone and Welcome.
Your going to love the Foundry and what you will end up ultimately creating, you will find that it both a robust and easy to learn tool!
I'm excited to see what quests the Neverwinter Community comes up with and from all of us Silverstars we bid you all a huge welcome! Feel free to ask questions as some of us have had months of experience with the Foundry! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
Ravenloft
Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
Post edited by apocrs1980 on

Comments

• thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Apoc said it all.. WELCOME TO THE FOUNDRY, ALL!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Welcome guys, I hope we worked enough bugs out for you guys
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Welcome indeed!

I hope you enjoy getting your hands on the tools. It can be a bit overwelming at first but I promise you the tools are easy to pick up with a small amount of practice but there's a lot of depth to them not even the Moonstars (Foundry Alpha Testers) have been able to fully access yet.

So if you get lost ask! We're happy to help. :)
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And greetings to everyone from Moonstar Community. (pew pew at apoc for forgetting us)
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    And greetings to everyone from Moonstar Community. (pew pew at apoc for forgetting us)
    lol and Moonstars and moderators but of course! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    lol and Moonstars and moderators but of course! ;)

and Devs, some of the devs make foundry stuff
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Welcome everyone! If you have any questions please feel free to ask anyone above this post or below it! I be here for comic relief and singing songs!!

Silverstars...
    Silverstars...

We are so much cooler then...
    Moonstars...

Yes its true...
    and we love you!

so please worship
    a silverstar!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Welcome everyone! If you have any questions please feel free to ask anyone above this post or below it! I be here for comic relief and singing songs!!

Silverstars...
    Silverstars...

We are so much cooler then...
    Moonstars...

Yes its true...
    and we love you!

so please worship
    a Silverstar!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edit: hmmm I so good it posted two!!!!
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing the shock in your eyes as you realize just how much work creating a quest can be. ;)
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing the shock in your eyes as you realize just how much work creating a quest can be. ;)

Yeah, 40 minutes and a six-pack of Red Bull is all it takes, right? Heh.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I actually made a quest in about 40 minutes. It was an epic chicken fight.. i called it xxTESTxx... published it to test it, and while i was testing someone played it and gave me a 4 star rating. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aavarius wrote: »
    Yeah, 40 minutes and a six-pack of Red Bull is all it takes, right? Heh.
    I was hoping you guys would appreciate how much development time in foundry quest has been cut down. It used to take 40 mins just to place an object in the foundry at a specified location.

3D edit mode has made things way way easy. Now its a one day job(about 8 hours) to create a good quest. (Ofcourse, you need to prepare with dialogs and scenario written beforehand)

I remember making a bookshelf placing each book in in indiviually by editing its Y coordinate (each bookstack has dfferent height and Y coordinate). It took me 10+ hours to do that and I got the feedback that it was too difficult to select so I should not use it. All that hard work down the drain....

Now with 3D mode, its like a 2 second job to pick up all the books and keep them at appropriate height, even tilt them at an angle.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Greetings Guys! I look forward to playing your quests and campaigns soon!!
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I think we are the only ones posting here (silverstars and moonstars). Think this forum isnt open to the public yet.

Anyways, I will post something too.

If I can make quests on the foundry anyone can. Anyone can make a quest in a few hours or it might take days, all depends on how much detail you want to add.
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Greetings from the Siren community.. Looking forward to get my hands on the Foundry. :)
  • moondawg13moondawg13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Welcome to all you Foundry neophytes.

We Silverstars, Moonstars, Devs, and others have been creating User Generated Content (UGC) for some time. We have figured out what the Foundry can do and what it cannot do. When you have a problem making the Foundry do what you want it to do, step back and re-think... then post a question on the Foundry forum. We all will be more than glad to answer those questions, and share our experience.

The Foundry is a great tool, but it can only respond to your individual creative input, without that it is just a piece of software.

Have fun, take your time, and create some awesome adventures.
    Campaign: The Legend of Snowmane
    Chapter One: In Search of the Legend
  • gbachuragbachura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 81
    edited April 2013
    moondawg13 wrote: »
    Welcome to all you Foundry neophytes.

We Silverstars, Moonstars, Devs, and others have been creating User Generated Content (UGC) for some time. We have figured out what the Foundry can do and what it cannot do. When you have a problem making the Foundry do what you want it to do, step back and re-think... then post a question on the Foundry forum. We all will be more than glad to answer those questions, and share our experience.

The Foundry is a great tool, but it can only respond to your individual creative input, without that it is just a piece of software.

Have fun, take your time, and create some awesome adventures.

Here here! +1 Cloak of Charisma for you!
    BachuraBanner2_zps54c0e752.png
    Credit to original artwork by Michael Whelan, go check out his stuff it's awesome!

►● Characters ●◄
    ♠ Talrik Threefinger ♠ Eredis Mal ♠ Soltyrr Do'rret ♠

Try my Foundry Jumping Puzzles!
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    I have a question. Might have been answered somewhere but I can't find anything.

What are Silverstars, Moonstars and so on? (I get it that you are Foundry content creators, but what else?)
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Moonstars are alpha foundry testers.
    Silverstars are beta foundry testers.
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Alrightey, thanks. :)
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Welcome everyone! Beware the foundry! It will take over and make you stop leveling your character!
  • mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Foundry = A Black hole that will Suck all your time in to it!
    We go in to fix one little thing, a 2 second job... 5 hours later... only because you ended up changing a lot of other things in your quest!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Welcome new authors!

Don't let some of these guys scare you, the foundry is an outstanding and easy to learn tool to get your ideas in the game for everyone to play.

Just don't expect to get much sleep.

:)
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I was hoping you guys would appreciate how much development time in foundry quest has been cut down. It used to take 40 mins just to place an object in the foundry at a specified location.
    I assure you, those of us that came from the STO foundry have a deep adoration for 3D edit mode.