test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please tell me which aspects of the became better since BW3?

forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please hear what I'm going to say totally before posting a comment. Please.

I'm a regular non-founder player. I love Dungeons & Dragons ! And I really wish this game to be an ideal free to play mmo. I want this game to be succeed and provide an example for upcoming titles from all other developers.

A couple of days before HotN founders start to play... Hype was high !!!

Guardian founders starting day was yesterday... And there have been lots of complaints since then... Hype was started to decrease as well.

Now, there is a kind of annoying silence about the good side(pros.) of the game.

Even several HotN founders started to complain about P2W symptoms on Neverwinter.

I want to be sure that this game will never ever become a "Pay to Win" game. But What I want might not reflect the reality.

Visual Cosmetic items are not required and I'm totally ok with them to be sold in coin shop. I might even buy a couple of mount/pet type items in the future. But I started to read too many complaints related to many different aspects of the game which might effect gameplay and slightly lead to P2W system.

I don't want to discuss these negative stuff for now becaause there are already several topics related to them.

Please tell me what have been better since BW3? There must be good stuff happening which might keep the hype high.

Thank you.
Post edited by forumcan on

Comments

• Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I think the answer to your question is not much. The changes have been general bug fixes and balance adjustments, I believe. Personally, I never really sympathized with those who thought it was P2W for the reasons that it's really in no way P2W and it's a free game anyway.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    It's not p2w. If you count mounts and companions and dyes and outfits p2w..... then yeah it is p2w. If your looking for better gear to buy with zen then no, this game is not pay to win. Also the reason you do not hear to much good hype is that we are all in game enjoying the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outta the game to come here and feed the trolls. I'm in game and have been since the 25th and buddy, business is a boomin with the great community. Don't listen to these few nay sayers. The op in the threads are all negative but, when you read further on, it's only one mans argument while others try to reassure them but, alas, the trolls need to be fed or else they die. So go get in game and join a great guild and see if you visit these forums for a bit. This is the second time since I have been playing that I stopped to visit for a few minutes.
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    queue times are much better since BW3

Had zero crashes during dungeon/skirmishes too (I had several on beta weekends), overall it's less buggy

the cash system hasn't changed, and why would it? If you don't like it don't buy it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    It's not p2w. If you count mounts and companions and dyes and outfits p2w..... then yeah it is p2w. If your looking for better gear to buy with zen then no, this game is not pay to win. Also the reason you do not hear to much good hype is that we are all in game enjoying the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outta the game to come here and feed the trolls. I'm in game and have been since the 25th and buddy, business is a boomin with the great community. Don't listen to these few nay sayers. The op in the threads are all negative but, when you read further on, it's only one mans argument while others try to reassure them but, alas, the trolls need to be fed or else they die. So go get in game and join a great guild and see if you visit these forums for a bit. This is the second time since I have been playing that I stopped to visit for a few minutes.

Nice information thank you!
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Nice information thank you!
    LOL it's true dude. Just wait till you get in and you'll see.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I live in EU and I will be able to join this game within 10 hours.
    Since there is nothing I could do while waiting. I kept reading the forums.
    I tried to track hate posts and made a conclusion.

• There are several troll players from other mmo games who tries to sabotage Neverwinter. They really afraid of Neverwinters' success because it will lower their puny games' population.
    • But there are several serious issues within this game as well (but it's still early. even day 1 is still 10 hours ahead)
    • There are real D&D and dedicated mmo players who wanted to play Neverwinter but are really dissapointed because of microtransaction system. (yes they are not necessary, they are cosmetic and you can even obtain them without real money. As an example: You will need 450 nightmare chests to be sold on AH inorder to get 1 key for it.)
    • There are founders who invest this game and falsely promote Neverwinter even they really think otherwise, because it's too late for them now.
    • But there are also non-founders users who falsely demote Neverwinter because of jealousy even though they know they're gonna like this game.

What I'm going to do is playing Neverwinter until ESO and decide at that point. I will probably buy a nice mount and a pet within a total of $100 budget limit. I also tried very hard to get PC gamer mount until I purchase something else, but I had no luck so far.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it's not p2w per se just has a whole heap of restrictions in place which sort of suggest to you to pay to do things.
    Three currencies in game and one being totally redundant (gold, silver, copper) with no way of exchanging it for AD is sort of backwards and in its own right, restrictive.

Yes you can earn AD by invoking your deity but the amount is so small that you wont really be able to do much with it until a few days of invoking.
    The Nightmare chests are a let down too as the only way to open them are via keys you need to pay for (with real money/zen) instead of keys having a rare chance to drop off bosses/elities/mobs.

tbh posting on the AH is a hassle too if you dont have AD.

BUT I am enjoying the game, just not this triple currency system with the reliance on Zen to do most of the things other f2p mmo's do without always throwing the cash shop in my face.
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Please hear what I'm going to say totally before posting a comment. Please.

I'm a regular non-founder player. I love Dungeons & Dragons ! And I really wish this game to be an ideal free to play mmo. I want this game to be succeed and provide an example for upcoming titles from all other developers.

A couple of days before HotN founders start to play... Hype was high !!!

Guardian founders starting day was yesterday... And there have been lots of complaints since then... Hype was started to decrease as well.

Now, there is a kind of annoying silence about the good side(pros.) of the game.

Even several HotN founders started to complain about P2W symptoms on Neverwinter.

I want to be sure that this game will never ever become a "Pay to Win" game. But What I want might not reflect the reality.

Visual Cosmetic items are not required and I'm totally ok with them to be sold in coin shop. I might even buy a couple of mount/pet type items in the future. But I started to read too many complaints related to many different aspects of the game which might effect gameplay and slightly lead to P2W system.

I don't want to discuss these negative stuff for now becaause there are already several topics related to them.

Please tell me what have been better since BW3? There must be good stuff happening which might keep the hype high.

Thank you.

People who complain will always seem like the majority, because they are the loudest. Don't let that scare you. The founders who are enjoying the game are doing just that, enjoying the game...so they generally aren't going to come here and post about it.

I personally haven't seen many changes compared to the betas, but I never thought it needed much. Neverwinter is a very solid and well polished game that I'm enjoying immensely. All of the "Pay to win" crowd are just people who think paying for convenience = pay to win. They are a very loud minority and will disappear within a couple weeks, moving on to the next game to complain about that too.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *rubs eyes*

Well, this is my first return visit to the forums since Guardians were allowed in on Saturday... My summary?

The game still needs some changes, bug fixes and refinements, but it is otherwise A LOT of fun. What has changed since BW3?
    - Annoying game-wide broadcasts: "Random-Joe@someplace got a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flaming moe-mount" sticks out the most for me.
    - Several changes to the aesthetics of items and the environment
    - Increased server capacities and reduced login wait times (multiple shards)
    - Bug fixes to prevent failed quests or from getting stuck in walls... much more fluid gameplay
    - Modifications to individual classes (minor balance/nerf/buff)

I do not regret my $60.00 contribution to the game. As a matter of fact, I went and bought some Zen to "gamble" with. The game is fun and my wife, a WoW-Original, enjoys it too.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Lets just say the only reason i'm on the forums is because i'm at work. Many people who come to the forums come here because they dislike the game, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them. Everyone who is enjoying the game spends their free time in the game, not "white knighting" on the forums to combat the trolls.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    *rubs eyes*

Well, this is my first return visit to the forums since Guardians were allowed in on Saturday... My summary?

The game still needs some changes, bug fixes and refinements, but it is otherwise A LOT of fun. What has changed since BW3?
    - Annoying game-wide broadcasts: "Random-Joe@someplace got a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flaming moe-mount" sticks out the most for me.
    - Several changes to the aesthetics of items and the environment
    - Increased server capacities and reduced login wait times (multiple shards)
    - Bug fixes to prevent failed quests or from getting stuck in walls... much more fluid gameplay
    - Modifications to individual classes (minor balance/nerf/buff)

I do not regret my $60.00 contribution to the game. As a matter of fact, I went and bought some Zen to "gamble" with. The game is fun and my wife, a WoW-Original, enjoys it too.

haha couldn't agree with you more about the stupid random announcements! Why do I care if someone used their cash to buy keys to open some chests and got a pony? -_-

Also GWF, Guardians and threat mechanics need fixing :P
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    normal people are not hyped on forum as they simply play the game. Only the complaining ones remains. And from what little I've read since start they are mainly invalid so far and complaining on their own limits.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It comes down to this

If you like a game then play it and support it

If you don't like a game then don't play it and move on to a game you like
  • Options
    adfanujnadfanujn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    The only real complaints I have are bank size, you should probably have one or two more rows, and the preorder packages, I feel like I shouldn't have bought the $60 dollar pre-order and just waited until regular open beta and bought sixty dollars worth of zen.

The game on the other hand is probably the best mmo that's come out in two years. There are random things I would change if I was the designer but they did a bang up job making a really fun to play game.
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I live in EU and I will be able to join this game within 10 hours.
    Since there is nothing I could do while waiting. I kept reading the forums.
    I tried to track hate posts and made a conclusion.

• There are several troll players from other mmo games who tries to sabotage Neverwinter. They really afraid of Neverwinters' success because it will lower their puny games' population.
    • But there are several serious issues within this game as well (but it's still early. even day 1 is still 10 hours ahead)
    • There are real D&D and dedicated mmo players who wanted to play Neverwinter but are really dissapointed because of microtransaction system. (yes they are not necessary, they are cosmetic and you can even obtain them without real money. As an example: You will need 450 nightmare chests to be sold on AH inorder to get 1 key for it.)
    • There are founders who invest this game and falsely promote Neverwinter even they really think otherwise, because it's too late for them now.
    • But there are also non-founders users who falsely demote Neverwinter because of jealousy even though they know they're gonna like this game.

What I'm going to do is playing Neverwinter until ESO and decide at that point. I will probably buy a nice mount and a pet within a total of $100 budget limit. I also tried very hard to get PC gamer mount until I purchase something else, but I had no luck so far.

Best thread i ve seen so far... not fanboy not hater just pure gamer. Now i rly hope this game goes well, i fckin love d&d and i want to play it so much, but i rly hope the microtransaction system was more like poe and lol, i don't want this to be p2w or grind forever :S
    In anyway i don't want to get dissapointed with this game, i was rly lookin forward to it
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    only way to get AD without buying Zen is to grind forever and with no easy way to transfer AD between toons it's a long grind.

Would be nice if acquiring more bags wasn't just from Zen/AD.
  • Options
    feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The biggest change I've noticed is the improvement in mobs AI.

I've created a 3D maze type adventure; now if the mobs are kicked off one of the higher levels ramps then can run back to the entrance and navigate their way back to where you are and continue the fight - I was blown away the first time I saw that in practice.

The Silver Scroll
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    only way to get AD without buying Zen is to grind forever and with no easy way to transfer AD between toons it's a long grind.

Would be nice if acquiring more bags wasn't just from Zen/AD.

have you even played the game theres like 2 quests not even far into the game for more bags.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

This. Im enjoying it. So far i havent had to spend a cent but i have chosen to get a bag a bigger bank space a few keys for fun and thats it. No lag issues happy with the game. The dire wolf is good hes an addon not the main gameand works out okay.

If figure if i like it and spend a sub worth a month then its fine.
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really hope they don't restrict the auction and other in game functions like that in game. I use stuff like that too much and it would be a dealbreaker if every time I do I get my hand held straight to the cash store
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    I really hope they don't restrict the auction and other in game functions like that in game. I use stuff like that too much and it would be a dealbreaker if every time I do I get my hand held straight to the cash store

better get used to doing dailies and praying to deities.
  • Options
    dwarferdwarfer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not p2w. If you count mounts and companions and dyes and outfits p2w..... then yeah it is p2w. If your looking for better gear to buy with zen then no, this game is not pay to win. [I]Also the reason you do not hear to much good hype is that we are all in game enjoying the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outta the game to come here and feed the trolls. I'm in game and have been since the 25th and buddy, business is a boomin with the great community[/I]. Don't listen to these few nay sayers. The op in the threads are all negative but, when you read further on, it's only one mans argument while others try to reassure them but, alas, the trolls need to be fed or else they die. So go get in game and join a great guild and see if you visit these forums for a bit. This is the second time since I have been playing that I stopped to visit for a few minutes.

LOL u rock
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    better get used to doing dailies and praying to deities.

Dailies stop at level 30... FYI.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It does make me laugh where people actually think Neverwinter is Pay 2 Win. Most of them are either **** at PvP or have no clue what they are doing with their class while leveling. Just because they see someone on a Nightmare mount or hitting hard in PvP, that they must have bought awesome weapons.

Unfortunately the Trade bars are used for level 60 items, which are meh and PvP gear/items are bought at level 60 with Glory Points.

So those who are worried about the Pay 2 Win rumours, you can NOT buy armour and weapons to help you be awesome. It's just the morons in this community who can't tell their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from their elbow.

Just log into the game in the next hour and you will have a blast. Sure as you are non-founders you will have restrictions, but remember you can use Astral Diamonds you collect from Dailies and professions to help you increase your bank slots/bag slots/companion slots and character slots. It may take you long to obtain them compare to someone who wants to put their money into the game and that is their choice.

But I promise you, you will have a great time. Just remember to think about what class you will play and remember to take the time to create your character as you can't just change the way it looks into for free, unless you want to grind more astral diamonds to buy a character appearance change, which is mainly hair etc.

As others have mentioned there are trolls in this forums who are making up <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because they are just morons and want to cause trouble and due to the game being free to play, they will continue to make free accounts and whine and such because they have nothing better to do as they have no social skills and pretty much no friends outside their little group of troll buddies.

So again for the 3rd time, log in and fun have!
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.