test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric dps build question

phuzerphuzer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi, since i can't find a cleric sub section i will post here. I will start playing on 30th and i want to roll a dps cleric, can someone help me on what main stats should i focus on and what race is the best for dps cleric? i would appreciate some info. Thanks!
Post edited by phuzer on

Comments

• thetacoofdoomthetacoofdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd suggest playing a human with a focus on power. This will give you big damage and big heals. Best of both worlds.
  • phuzerphuzer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    with power you mean wisdom?
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    power is a stat on gear
    edited April 2013
    and what about those stats you have to choose on the character creation? like cha,str,wis etc.. any suggestion?
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    phuzer wrote: »
    and what about those stats you have to choose on the character creation? like cha,str,wis etc.. any suggestion?

I think for DPS you should just max your strength and charisma.
  • thetacoofdoomthetacoofdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    By power I meant Str. Sorry about that.
    edited April 2013
    ok thanks guys
  • lensardlensard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe it's me, but playing a cleric has been the most boring and insipid experience so far. Go to quest giver, click option, blah blah whatever don't bother reading it, follow the magic pixie dust trail, left click on mobs you encounter til they are dead (don't matter which mobs, they all die with 2-4 left clicks on them), following magic pixie dust path, left click more mobs, rinse repeat until you find yourself back at a quest giver. Talk to them, get your reward. Talk to them, get your next quest. Follow the magic pixie dust path, rinse and repeat.

I made it to level 9 and just had to log off and do something, anything else. I never felt threatened, I never felt like I might die, i never felt like I ever had to use any ability except left click, I never felt like I needed to pay attention to my surroundings to avoid running into something tough, I never made anytype of decision, I just ran along and left clicked anything and followed the path.

Gameplay here did not inspire a single "memorable moment" for me. Never once did I think "Wow, that was cool" or "Whoa, that was close" or "Thank god I got this cool item, now I can really do some stuff." The most memorable moment was creating my character, which seemed very polished and tight. Shame that's the only noticable experience.
    edited April 2013
    lensard wrote: »
    I made it to level 9

Level 9. Yes.
    At level 9, any class kills an enemy in one-three left clicks. That's just how it is. I imagine you were using the founders special weapon, making it even easier.
    Clerics are very fun to play, imo. Especially in hard dungeons like Lair of the Mad Dragon and PvP.
  • lensardlensard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, maybe it'll be my loss, but with all the various free-to-play <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out there these days, if a game doesn't show me something exciting withing the first few hours of play, it's going to be set aside for something more compelling.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, maybe it'll be my loss, but with all the various free-to-play <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out there these days, if a game doesn't show me something exciting withing the first few hours of play, it's going to be set aside for something more compelling.

if you're playing now you paid money. methinks you should give it some time.

cleric is hot with the founder weapon until about 15, slows down then picks up again at 20.
  • suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I"m 26 at the moment. There has been several times where I was pretty much near death but saved myself with a potion, knockback, and some heals gradually
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe it's me, but playing a cleric has been the most boring and insipid experience so far. Go to quest giver, click option, blah blah whatever don't bother reading it, follow the magic pixie dust trail, left click on mobs you encounter til they are dead (don't matter which mobs, they all die with 2-4 left clicks on them), following magic pixie dust path, left click more mobs, rinse repeat until you find yourself back at a quest giver. Talk to them, get your reward. Talk to them, get your next quest. Follow the magic pixie dust path, rinse and repeat.

I made it to level 9 and just had to log off and do something, anything else. I never felt threatened, I never felt like I might die, i never felt like I ever had to use any ability except left click, I never felt like I needed to pay attention to my surroundings to avoid running into something tough, I never made anytype of decision, I just ran along and left clicked anything and followed the path.

Gameplay here did not inspire a single "memorable moment" for me. Never once did I think "Wow, that was cool" or "Whoa, that was close" or "Thank god I got this cool item, now I can really do some stuff." The most memorable moment was creating my character, which seemed very polished and tight. Shame that's the only noticable experience.

You have another think coming.
    suparstarx wrote: »
    I"m 26 at the moment. There has been several times where I was pretty much near death but saved myself with a potion, knockback, and some heals gradually

This. Definitely this. I just made level 30 and have spent many, many a 3-minute session at a campfire healing injuries (read: murdered by mobs). Some bosses actually took me three or four goes before I was able to complete the quest. The main Pirate Boss on Sword Coast: Don't even think about bothering unless you're teamed-up with someone. And I hear a Control Wizard is even more squishy than a Cleric - which I was thinking as using as my first alt. I'm reconsidering that idea.

Level 9? (!) Pffft. I've only just reached the halfway point and I'm kind of biting my nails wondering how horrifically difficult the upper half will be.

Don't judge a book by it's cover and Neverwinter's book cover is about 20-levels deep.