test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter adds lockboxes for Open Beta/Early Release

kaz350kaz350 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Get ready to buy some keys !! Unlike guild wars 2 there are actually some good items in these boxes. You WILL be tempted !!

I open 15 of them in the below vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhsxkxv78Xc
Post edited by kaz350 on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Legalized gambling. Probably just better off saving your money and then buying something nice from the cash shop.

There's a reason why they put in the server broadcast when someone gets a mount...it's to tempt you to buy the keys, thinking "I could be that guy!"
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • caldonnoxcaldonnox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It may be gambling hopeing to get the item you want but as he points out you also get a diff currency with each box you open to be able to buy that exact one you are hoping to get if you don't end up getting it. For those with zen to burn or those that spend the time converting their AD not such a bad system.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Of course they did, it's Perfect World. Those turds can't produce a game without littering them with these horrible rip off devices.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No one is forced to buy the keys for the boxes. If you don't like the boxes, sell 'em in the AH.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thread seems surprised that they added them.

Back in Beta 4 (or was it even 3?) Astral Keys showed up in the Zen store. So it was kinda obvious that they'd be introducing boxes sooner and not later.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Of course they did, it's Perfect World. Those turds can't produce a game without littering them with these horrible rip off devices.

Don't buy the keys then. Not sure how that's a ripoff. The only thing I'm not too fond of is you can't discard the boxes. Hopefully that's a bug and gets fixed as from what I understand it's not like that in Cryptic's other games but who knows. I haven't seen any sort of official statement one way or the other yet on that.
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    there should be other ways to get the bars because that's just a cash sink. i want the blue nightmare but 2500 bats at 10 for 1.25 is horribly expensive