test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

it lags so much, I can't even play right.

juckmaniacjuckmaniac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
im running this game on

i7 3k series / 16gb ram / on SSD / gtx 680 classified.

graphically it runs very smooth and i had no problem at all to run the game,
however, whenever i get into the game and try to play through, the game lags so much, I barely played this weekend.

Whenever I run into the battle or even simple walking around, it draws my character back (literally) to the point where the character used to be.

When in battle, whatever I do, the game doesn't seem to register my moves and it won't post any damages done to the enemies, although the enemy's attack register damages on my character and I, eventually, die.

Funny thing is I never had problem getting into the game.

and I started to think that there's something on my game setting or something.

Please let me know if we had similar problem before, I'd like to enjoy the game I paid for, atleast from now.

Thanks, man.

game's fun when it doesn't lag.
Post edited by juckmaniac on

Comments

• grendal01grendal01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lags so bad it crashes. I run many other higher graphics MMO's on my laptop with no issues.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's because the game doesn't have servers in EU so unless you're running fiber optic internet, you're gonna see a lot of lagging and huge latency. I have 50ms in all other MMO but 250ms in NWO and, yeah, experiencing exactly what you described. And yeah, I did check the box with EU proxy.

Oh well, another 60$ thrown in the wind. I'm reinstalling wow as I write this as NW is clearly unplayable for me.

Rest of you, foolish EU guys, enjoy your laggy MMO.

PS: In before "I play from the edge of the solar system and I have no problems"
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grendal01 wrote: »
    lags so bad it crashes. I run many other higher graphics MMO's on my laptop with no issues.

you two are takling about two different things

the term lag when used for online gaming refers to the quality of your connection to the game servers. it does not refer to your computers ability to handle the graphics of the game at a reasonable framerate. if you are having framerate issues, use the term 'poor fps' instead of lag to prevent confusion.

i'm getting 100+ fps in most places, 60 or so fps around the hall of justice (wonder twin powers activate!). i did have some connection issues last night but it turned out somenoe was trying to upload 3gb of hawaii vacation photos to dropbox.
  • sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At the launcher, go to options and disable on-demand patching.

You'll have to patch 2.2 gigs, but I suspect that's what is making you lag like garbage.
  • grendal01grendal01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am in the U.S.
    thee game is currently unplayable for me...if I try to enter any area where there is combat it lags and then crashes.
  • thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    sinborn wrote: »

You'll have to patch 2.2 gigs, but I suspect that's what is making you lag like garbage.

This 110% few guild mates were having this issue. Told them to do this, no more issues. YMMV.
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    sinborn wrote: »

This is good advice. Watch the top of your screen - occasionally when you enter a new zone, the game will patch as it goes, which makes combat... very troublesome. On-demand patching is nice if you have a very, very nice connection and you don't mind patching during combat, but if you have the time to kick back and get the whole thing done, it makes for a much smoother experience.
    edited April 2013
    will do, have not had this issue with other cryptic games...but I will disable on demand patching.
    edited April 2013
    helped...for a few minutes and then it crashed while in the middle of a foundry mission. Bleh...not worth my energy...there are better MMO's out right now.