test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic launcher has stopped working

judasacejudasace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Every time I try to start the game, it just gives me that message and closes down. No error code or anything.
Post edited by judasace on

Comments

• devjarroddevjarrod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same issue here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with administrator privileges just to be sure, and am starting the game via "run as administrator".

No matter how I install it or try to start the game:

CrypticError: Oops!
    Oops! Your Cryptic Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

I just write in: attempted to start the game.

kind of a show-stopper there.

**edit**
    just found this: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?43001-Issues-with-TeamViewer-and-Neverwinter
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mine times out constantly. 5 mins sometimes.

Can't they send one packet with the version .... I get their silly pics easily enough. Or let us bypass and just run the client.

Something is broken with that option, can't ever authenticate
  • lunatitchlunatitch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My friend is getting the same problem.
    CrypticError: Oops!
    Oops! Your Cryptic Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

Runs Win Vista - Running as admin doesn't make a difference and she hasn't got TeamViewer installed.
    The launcher tries to patch and about 5min in, it throws up that error - every time.