test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game worth 60 bucks for headstart?

gutyoulikeafishgutyoulikeafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Talk to me?:)
Post edited by gutyoulikeafish on

Comments

• shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Someone who paid for the 200 head start is already level 60.. I don't think it's worth it then if you can cap that fast.
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • gutyoulikeafishgutyoulikeafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info. I guess I can hold out. *bites nails* lol
    edited April 2013
    Yeah. 30th isnt so far away. It's practically Sunday now, so just got to drink a ton sunday night, sleep through monday, and viola. we're there. You in this with me buddy?!!
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I thought the other stuff was worth the money, while headstart is nice bonus. After playing last evening, I certainly do not regret dropping the money. But if little short on money, not that big loss to wait few days more and play for free then.
  • gutyoulikeafishgutyoulikeafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I make no promises. Oo
    edited April 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    I thought the other stuff was worth the money, while headstart is nice bonus. After playing last evening, I certainly do not regret dropping the money. But if little short on money, not that big loss to wait few days more and play for free then.

Thanks for info.
  • moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    I make no promises. Oo

Paid $200 two days ago... played for 14 hours yesterday and reached level 32. Yes, I think it has been worth the money so far! This will grow to be one of the best MMOs on the market.
  • onnukonnuk Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mooday wrote: »
    Paid $200 two days ago... played for 14 hours yesterday and reached level 32. Yes, I think it has been worth the money so far! This will grow to be one of the best MMOs on the market.

I agree. Very fun to play, it is worth $200 imho and the gateway feature is great.
    Guild of Anatolia
    edited April 2013
    mooday wrote: »

I don't think it'll be that successful. depends how fast they can update i guess.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    I agree it's worth every penny I paid (and I paid $259.98 for it). The head start is only a minor factor, though.

I'd gladly pay $60 for the Guardian pack, though...I've paid that much for games that I've played less than the (too many) hours I've already put into NWO.
    I don't think it'll be that successful. depends how fast they can update i guess.

I see Foundry extending it a good bit as well.
    edited April 2013
    True.. Foundry is unique in my book. All depends how it plays out though. I can see the whole ID scroll thing being okay if you use them wisely, but who does that really? I can see it being a problem for those who were not forewarned.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    True.. Foundry is unique in my book. All depends how it plays out though. I can see the whole ID scroll thing being okay if you use them wisely, but who does that really? I can see it being a problem for those who were not forewarned.

I dunno, it may just be because of Path of Exile teaching me to be careful with ID scrolls at least at first...but I was careful with my scrolls. >_>
  • zkitzor123zkitzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    i think its "worth" 60$ if u actually get to play. Im not able to play this game because there is BUG in the DISPLAY NAME webpage where every name u try it declines everything and tells its already in use.
  • neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I threw down for HotN and guardian. It's worth it to me. There isn't raiding but the foundry allows you to always do something that you haven't before. If you play it like a gold farmer, you'll be disappointed. Also, they're still adding classes and stuff so I think it is worth it but if that is main reason you're considering the founders stuff then I'd say wait.

The stuff included in the founders helps out quite a bit. Mount, companion, starter weapon, etc. And all your characters get that stuff.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure about others but so far I am glad I spent the 60 bucks and had I had the 200 at the time I would probably have went that route. Instead I will just wait until payday and do a 100 bucks on zen.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

Someone who wasn't "forewarned" will do 1 daily quest (of many types offered) and get 1000 Astral Diamonds, which then buys them 22 scrolls. Another quest, and they have 44. You don't get that many green items, and that is without all the scrolls that drop. By the time the small scrolls won't do (around 30), everyone will have a feeling for how it works.

People need to stop looking for stuff that's wrong and instead focus a little on what's good. Life suddenly will look a lot brighter and more enjoyable. I played this game for about 40 hours so far, and it has been a very long time since I slept 5 instead of 8 hours a night because of a video game. It is THAT enjoyable. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

The Foundry is already loaded with content. Some of it has been reviewed as being pretty frickin good so far, which isn't bad considering what kind of expectations gamers have and we can be merciless with our critiques.

I played Neverwinter Nights Rpg for years because of the modding community and if that same community grabs hold of this game we will have more content than we know what to do with. I'm excited about that. Most MMO's you have to wait months for new content. Here it will probably be pushing out weekly.

But to answer your question....$60 was worth it to me. I wanted the T3 mount, bad *** starter wep, Purple quality companion, and of course 600000 AD. I normally pay $60 for a new game anyways so why not for this and get some stuff that will probably cost more thru the store later on if I want an upgrade. And i'm playing right now which is not boring :p
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder