test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal Error: Read Wrong No of Bytes

babooshkaababooshkaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Looking for tech support:

On trying to enter a quest instance I am crashing to desktop with the above error (for full error see screenshot
http://i39.tinypic.com/21v14n.png )

It replicates each time. I have tried the following :

- change instance
- windowed mode, full screen
- graphics turned down
- In a group / solo
- drop quest / retake it
- run as admin and compatibility mode

I can get back in the game by shutting the client down (its still running in background it seems) and I can play, but cant progress past this quest.

Any ideas?
Post edited by babooshkaa on

Comments

• Options
    babooshkaababooshkaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To add more to this error, this morning when I start the client it hangs at "patching". It was doing this last night until I closed it and started it again. It seems to me its the file integrity that has an error?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Still have this today and unable to progress in game. I've have now tried the following :

- Created a new character and levelled to the same point (7) to enter the same quest instance. Still crashes.
    - Ran in windowed / full screen / reduced graphics / as admin / in compatibility mode
    - verified the client

When I am logged in and try to go through "support" I always get this web error (on this PC and my laptop)

The web page at https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF91c2VyaWQ9ZGxiaXJrZXR0JnBfcGFzc3dkPSZwX2VtYWlsPWRsYmlya2V0dEBnbWFpbC5jb20mcF9maXJzdF9uYW1lPSZwX2xhc3RfbmFtZT0mcF90aXRsZT1iYWJvb3Noa2FhJnBfbGlfcGFzc3dkPXRlc3Rfc2VjcmV0X2tleQ!! has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

I've raised a ticket in game and submitted a bug. Also tried to reach via twitter and of course in here.

Anyone have any other suggestions?