test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Client Crash - Wrong No of Bytes error on entering instance

babooshkaababooshkaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Looking for support:

On trying to enter a quest instance I am crashing to desktop with the above error (for full error see screenshot
http://i39.tinypic.com/21v14n.png )

It replicates each time. I have tried the following :

- change instance
- windowed mode, full screen
- graphics turned down
- In a group / solo
- drop quest / retake it
- run as admin and compatibility mode

I can get back in the game by shutting the client down (its still running in background it seems) and I can play, but cant progress past this quest.

Any ideas?
Post edited by babooshkaa on

Comments

• Options
    babooshkaababooshkaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To add more to this error, this morning when I start the client it hangs at "patching". It was doing this last night until I closed it and started it again. It seems to me its the file integrity that has an error?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    130427 22:32:37 166 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Read wrong number of bytes: Bin/Geobin/Maps/Neverwinter_City/Nw_Pe/Nw_Pe_Loc_Jus_Ambush/Nw_Pe_Loc_Jus_Ambush.Zone/World_Cells_Shared.Info: 13

That is the error in the hog file, same error repeated each time.
  • Options
    digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    I get pretty much the same thing right now. Not sure how, why and when it started. But about an hour ago and onwards I noticed that my client would randomly crash to the desktop without warning every 10 or so minutes in a quest instance, skirmish or dungeon.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Mine is fine until I try to enter a certain quest instance. Im going to try and zone back to the city and see if that works to check if its just this one quest. Its been fine until this and Im L7.
  • Options
    digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    That's odd, level 30 myself. I've been trying to get the darn thing to verify all my files, but sadly I can't seem to figure out how to get that done. (The Force Verify flag in the launcher only verifies the version number..) So redownloading the darn thing and re-installing, see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Oddly enough, mine doesn't give an error log nor does it give me an actual error. Just a generic "neverwinter has stopped working".
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I was curious why it was also hanging on "patching" on loading with nothing notification on what it was doing. I ticked "disable on demand patching" and now when I log it is downloading a 2GB "patch".

Im going to let it go through it incase its something wrong with my client.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Disabling the on-demand patching means your client will no longer download what it needs if it misses anything, so it NEEDS to download every and all resources it doesn't have by default. And it hung on Patching for me as well, no idea why though.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, that 2GB download made no difference. Same error.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just zoned back to the protectors enclave so it does look like its just that one quest location.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I've also noticed that while my client crashes and I have to restart, when I check the task manager its still listed and I have to force end task for it to be removed so I can relaunch
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    and now just levelled another character to L7 and the same thing happened again so I know its client specific not character etc
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Course I've raised a ticket in game as well as that snow two characters I have stuck and cant progress. But the ticket system now says to come to the website and use the support link at the top. That doesnt work for me either. Ive tried IE and it just hangs when I try to log in. I normally use chrome and that says the site has a direct loop error.

https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF91c2VyaWQ9ZGxiaXJrZXR0JnBfcGFzc3dkPSZwX2VtYWlsPWRsYmlya2V0dEBnbWFpbC5jb20mcF9maXJzdF9uYW1lPSZwX2xhc3RfbmFtZT0mcF90aXRsZT1iYWJvb3Noa2FhJnBfbGlfcGFzc3dkPXRlc3Rfc2VjcmV0X2tleQ!! has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Installed the client on my laptop and it worked fine so was able to get past instance. Going to uninstall on my PC and redownload and see if that fixes it for my alt that still needs to do.