test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mentoring NEED it ASAP

lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We need a Mentoring System ASAP. It sucks that I miss Skirmishes, Dungeons and have to make alts all because of the current system. I wanted to run this skirmish again but couldn't it was off the list. Got a guildie who needs a cleric? Oh well I'm too high level.
Post edited by lilura138 on

Comments

• dragonmonkdragonmonk Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree, several guildies joined today (me included) and Hero's had to roll new alts... Come the 30th we will have to do the same for those guys...
  • solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    It would be nice. In order to play with another Guardian pack friend I'm holding off levelling one character until he's on, and I'll have to make another character to play with another friend who is starting on Tuesday.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Count how many MMO's have a "mentoring" system.

If you need two hands to tally them up I'll eat my keyboard.

The point I'm trying to make is that a "mentoring" system is not "needed" let alone "ZOMG-ASAP-OR-WE-ALL-DIESS!". Unless this is your first foray into the great MMO multi-verse you shouldn't be surprised that there are content gates. Seriously, how are you guys shocked that this isn't in the game?

Plenty of MMO's don't have it. NW will survive without it. Would it be cool? Yes. But the sky isn't going to fall without one and the likely hood of one being banged out in the next 3 days is somewhere between zero and "never gonna happen" so come to terms with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You seem to get auto adjusted for pvp, and while it bugs me in guild wars 2 how it forces you to level in whatever zone you are in, it would be good for friends who want to play together. That said, leveling is insanely fast in this game, i'm almost 40 already, and missed some skirmishes, but so far most dungeons so far have been very samey.
  • lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    You seem to get auto adjusted for pvp, and while it bugs me in guild wars 2 how it forces you to level in whatever zone you are in, it would be good for friends who want to play together. That said, leveling is insanely fast in this game, i'm almost 40 already, and missed some skirmishes, but so far most dungeons so far have been very samey.

PvP adjust for that bracket. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39. ect.. My friend is lv34 and I am lv5. Sad Panda...
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Mentoring might not be a "make or break" option, but this game is for fun AND making money for cryptic. Not being able to mentor newcomers and having to roll another toon just to run with other people to have fun, is NOT fun, for me at least. Making gameplay accessible and worthwhile to more of the playerbase is needed. You have thousands of heroes who can't group with guardians unless they roll a new toon and then on the 30th? You have folks who have been playing for 5 and 3 days longer than the huge influx coming in on the 30th who didn't or couldn't justify dropping the cash on a founders pack. That's a staggered playerbase and a whole lotta complaints cryptic will have to field. Forget it, you'll hear more on this subject in the next couple days I'm sure.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • omcrossomcross Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is really the main reason why I didn't buy a founder's pack. Not a huge deal, but definitely stopping me from playing early before the rest of my friends decide to start playing on Tuesday. It actually is surprising there isn't a system like this in game considering Cryptic made one of the best ones in City of Heroes. Guess it wasn't a "must" for launch. Sad.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    Leveling system is so fast in Neverwinter, it will be a week, tops, even playing casually, til your friends are at max level with you, and every single dungeon in the game has a level 60 mode.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    That's a staggered playerbase...

Yeah... that's the point.

There's a reason developers are now going with staggered releases instead of derby releases. 1.) Decreases stress on servers. 2.) Spreads player population across the gated tiers which promotes a HEALTHIER gaming dynamic. Not, like you said, a worse one. 3.) Brings in additional revenue from players that will pay to be in an earlier bracket than other players.

It's not just about the money. The money is a bonus. Nor is it just about you. It's about the community and the community as a WHOLE benefits more when population density is spread out and not clumped up.

The nitty gritty is simple, can the tech support the idea and, if so, does the benefit outweigh the cost?

It's really that simple. It's easy for users to say, "Do this it will be great." Unfortunately your average user is a self absorbed sycophant who wouldn't get the big picture if it was paint by numbers with a Barney sing-a-long taking them step by step. If the engine supports the idea then it can be done. If the idea is cost effective enough to implement then it will be done.

The question is, is the idea on the Developers radar? IF it has been for some time and I do mean SOME TIME then you might... M-I-G-H-T see that idea come to fruition within the immediate future. IF NOT... don't hold your breath.

TL;DR

This is open beta. The entire point behind open beta isn't to introduce massive game changing mechanics or tech. The point is to polish existing tech and mechanics. So, in short, if it's not already in then don't expect it to be introduced any time soon. So by the time it IS introduced, in this case, the problem will already be solved since a good chunk of players will already be congregating towards the back half of the game's content anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geobaldi1970geobaldi1970 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    Count how many MMO's have a "mentoring" system.

If you need two hands to tally them up I'll eat my keyboard.

Champions Online, City of Heroes, Star Trek Online, Everquest 2, Rifts, & Aion off the top of my head.
    WoW & SWTOR I know were talking about it last I checked but I can't confirm if available.

Would you like some salt with that keyboard? :p

Edit: also, Cryptic built 3 games with Mentoring system. It's more of a shock that this game doesn't have it at this time. City of Heroes was the first (as far as I know) to have mentoring.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I put this ahead of the bugs currently in the game, new classes, new races, anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Champions Online, City of Heroes, Star Trek Online, Everquest 2, Rifts, & Aion off the top of my head.
    WoW & SWTOR I know were talking about it last I checked but I can't confirm if available.

Would you like some salt with that keyboard? :p

Edit: also, Cryptic built 3 games with Mentoring system. It's more of a shock that this game doesn't have it at this time. City of Heroes was the first (as far as I know) to have mentoring.

No spit. They were also Cryptic games, CoH had a robust and very innovative (for its time) sidekick system. Trickshaw there should learn about more games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]