test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics options forced to minimum / no Advanced Options available?

sirwatson8181sirwatson8181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Running a GTX670 SLI system, with newest Beta 320.00 drivers (which specifically state better Neverwinter support) and when I go into Options, the slider for graphics speed is forced all the way to the left, and there are no longer any options for configuring advanced graphics setting like there used to be before the latest big patch.

Is this normal for now? Will it change back later after Beta?
Post edited by sirwatson8181 on

Comments

• hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These options definitely still exist. Can you post a screenshot of your Video Options page? It's possible something is broken in the UI.

Dave
  • sirwatson8181sirwatson8181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far I've tried [PrtScn] and [CTRL]+[PrtScn], neither producing a result. How do I take a screenshot?
  • hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [PrtScn] should do it, but saves a screenshot to the game's screenshot folder, not the Windows system clipboard. Try [Alt]+[PrtScn] for that. Otherwise you'll have to find the screenshots folder, like "\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Screenshots" depending on where you installed it.

FYI, I'm going to be away for a few hours, so I won't be able continue investigating for a bit.

The should still be a checkbox like "Show advanced settings" below the Render Scale and Speed vs. quality sliders.

Dave
  • sirwatson8181sirwatson8181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just used FRAPS to take a screenshot. You can see that the bottom graphics slider is greyed out, is stuck in the far left position, and there are no advanced options buttons anywhere to click on.

16hrgpc.jpg

EDIT: Since your message board apparently doesn't like fullscreen images, here's the link to a larger version:

http://i40.tinypic.com/16hrgpc.jpg
    edited April 2013
    HAH!

Please disregard this thread. All I needed to do was to scroll down in that screen!

File this under ID10T error.
    edited April 2013
    Well, I'm glad you found the option. However, taking a look at your screenshot, and the fact that it was not obvious to you, I could perhaps say that the scrollbar is a little non-obvious. There's no up-down arrow, and the scrolling area is not separated from the background at all. I'll point this out to our UI team, as they could tune some of these things if it's making the UI hard to "read."

Dave