test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beta weekend foundry reviews missing...

jaxxxorixjaxxxorix Member Posts: 125 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
I wonder why the couple of reviews and stars from bw4 are missing. It certainly appears that they stayed on the highly rated, popular ones. How's a relative nobody supposed to get ahead? ;)
Post edited by jaxxxorix on

Comments

• Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They said they were removing the reviews (So we can fix anything and the notes won't carry over) but keeping the stars.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They kept the reviews from alpha, but removed everything from BW4. ... ... ...

Took some time to overcame the alpha trashers(grrrr), but a few plays should equalize the alpha reviews.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, all stars except those given through alpha reviews were removed, and even those reviews had their texts removed. Any written reviews you see on the live servers have been written after the open beta started.
  • Options
    zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, my quest has 8 alpha reviews, and as it was actually in an alpha state back then (I wanted some early feedback on it), the 3.7-star average of those reviews reflected that. Oh well.

Somewhat of a tangent, but "how's a relative nobody supposed to get ahead?" is a very valid question (and near-and-dear to my heart, as everyone knows by now -- look no further than my sig ;)). Fortunately, the devs are very much aware of it and are taking steps to address it. Patience, etc etc.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What I don't understand is where some of these quests came from! Like Draconis Pub has over a thousand plays and I have never heard of it before.
  • Options
    zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is where some of these quests came from! Like Draconis Pub has over a thousand plays and I have never heard of it before.
    The official NW forum community is really, really tiny compared to the NW playerbase -- even 'just' the founders. There are probably massive uberguilds (f'rex, Gaiscioch has 3k+ people) playing guildies' quests, which can account for 'unknown' quests gaining hundreds of plays.

And of course, if you're in the top 5, you'll keep getting a LOT plays from people who just want to play a foundry quest (probably for the daily)...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    zaphtastic wrote: »
    The official NW forum community is really, really tiny compared to the NW playerbase -- even 'just' the founders. There are probably massive uberguilds (f'rex, Gaiscioch has 3k+ people) playing guildies' quests, which can account for 'unknown' quests gaining hundreds of plays.

And of course, if you're in the top 5, you'll keep getting a LOT plays from people who just want to play a foundry quest (probably for the daily)...

Yeah, I guess I didn't really think about that.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the replies...clears things up for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "Finding Talli" is my little first time offering, btw. It's a short run with a bit of hack-n-slash and some (I think) fun story. My handle is @SaltiSid...