test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers are so bad cant even send bug or help ticket

ayvar11111ayvar11111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have never experienced a game so badly prepared that I cant even send a help or bug ticket...i just wanna play like I paid for...anyone else totally unable to play because of the lag...i cant even complete tutorial quest because i rubberband in protector's enclave so much
Post edited by ayvar11111 on

Comments

• lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't noticed anything like that at all. The game's running very smoothly for me.
    L'sya Raiya
  • solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    Which shard are you on? I'm on Mindflayer and have had absolutely no issues at all.
  • ayvar11111ayvar11111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im on mindflayer...i have no problems on any other game and my internet has no issues at all...i have no idea whats going on and im really pissed off
  • az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    (taken from star trek forum)

Packet Losses during the Connection.

You didn't sent your actual position to the server AND/OR the server didn't receive your actual position coordinates, thus sending you back to your last, to the server known , coordinates i.e. causing this so called "rubber-banding" effect.

Now what causes the packet losses is an entirely different matter. It can be you, it can be your ISP, it can be blocked ports, it can be Cryptic servers are overloaded, etc.

Since others do not have this problem, I would say check your ports! It's not because of the overload.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ayvar11111ayvar11111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok then how do i fix it....what are blocked ports?
  • az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    dunno if it will help, I'm not a tech http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7241
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    The other possible issue, which I think is more likely considering this is a new game, is hardware incompatability.

Even if you have a powerful computer hardware drivers and such can cause all sorts of stability issues with video game software. This becomes most prominent in Open Beta as there are a lot more people playing with a wide variety of computer specifications. They are server side issues and will be resolved after being reported.

However, the actual problem you are experiencing, regardless of the exact reason, is due to specifics on your end. The game itself is working fine for most players at this point in time.

Since you are experiencing issues with the in game bug reporting system feel free to report and ask for assistance through the support system. Go with one of the Tech Support Options. They'll be happy to investigate into it. :)
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It might be your internet connection. Try going to www.speedtest.net and do a few pings off differnt ISP servers. You should get an average upload/download speed. Then, when inside neverwinter game, type /netgraph 1 and it should show you the speed and loss of your ISP. Type /netgraph 0 to disable. An unstable or poor connection can be the problem (my average connection ping is around 90 in protectors enclave)

I could also be hardware related. See above ^ lnk from ambisinisterr. (/showfps 1 will see if your computer is gaging on the graphics, mine stays around 20-30 fps in protectors enclave and 60 in other areas)

Oh, and if you want to submit a ticket on the forum, try : [Bug Reporting Issue] Ticket Submission
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wait untill 30-th when the servers get full , I bet they'll annouce something like " We haven't prepared for such load , we're working on fixing it soon" :D
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Wait untill 30-th when the servers get full , I bet they'll annouce something like " We haven't prepared for such load , we're working on fixing it soon" :D

The issue isn't with the servers or everybody would be complaining.
    This is a specific issue for a specific user.

Of course there are a handful more like avyar but the servers are up, running and stable. The issues are on the client's end. :)
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The issue isn't with the servers or everybody would be complaining.
    This is a specific issue for a specific user.

Of course there are a handful more like avyar but the servers are up, running and stable. The issues are on the client's end. :)

Agreed, I was wondering what type of results he's getting from www.speedtest.net . I had a complete ISP outage in one area and my connection lagged way out (try a /tracert to server to see ping lag/hops "more hops=bad"). I also had to shutdown my router and switch once just to get my connection back to normal. (not sure why on this one).

Good luck, lots of troubleshooting ahead.
  • aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Absolutely no lag here either. It's your connection or hardware.
    edited April 2013
    guess im screwed then apparently, looks like i wasted 60 bucks on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...since it takes 4 days to get a dev response, guess ill be playing after the free people...yippee
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did you see my response in the other thread? I think disabling on-demand patching in the loader may help you. Just a guess, but it can't hurt.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited April 2013
    Ignore that. It's a worst case scenario automated response.

It says that even if there are zeroes tickets in queue and a response is given within five minutes.

You should get a response sooer than 4 days.
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well I have not had those issues....

Though you are SOL

Because they don't do server transfers either.

Message from support said to me...."Server Transfers are not Supported"

So if you are on a server with bad lag oh well

If your guild group like mine...started playing a differing server....and you don't want to have to start back all over again.....oh well....nothing can be done....cant play with my guild.

This game has gone backwards on a lot of stuff....feel like I am playing a game form the 80s

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

edited April 2013
    ok, well can you guys tell me why it only happens in PE, it doesnt happen in the other beginner zones
    edited April 2013
    ayvar11111 wrote: »
    guess im screwed then apparently, looks like i wasted 60 bucks on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...since it takes 4 days to get a dev response, guess ill be playing after the free people...yippee

Can you post what troubleshooting you've done so far? Normaly you can resolve the issue by process of elimination.
    edited April 2013
    They don't do server transfers because they use a Single Server Architechture.
    That means when you join a shard it isn't a specific server in a specific location but a wide array of servers that appear as one.

One shard is no better than the other in theory. If you are requesting a transfer because of lag it wouldn't solve the problem because the problems are caused by your end.

That doesn't mean it doesn't require Cryptic to fix issues on their end to address the problem, but it does mean the servers are not the cause. ;)

And yes, please, by all means post the results from the troublshooting mvuk suggested.
    edited April 2013
    so what should my send and recv be under /netgraph be in PE?
    edited April 2013
    ive finally gotten into the game and dont knwo what to tell you in terms of info
    edited April 2013
    (my average connection ping is around 90 in protectors enclave) <--- from prior post

I don't know what your connection speed will be. The higher the ping/packet loss , the worse the connection.
    edited April 2013
    my average ping is like 120...did u read my question? its the what should by send be?
    edited April 2013
    ayvar11111 wrote: »
    my average ping is like 120...did u read my question? its the what should by send be?

120 sounds playable. Send would be limited to your ISP. My cable is about 4mb/s upload. I dont think the game sends that much info out. (so I dont know what the send speed should be)

Yep sorry. Are you from the USA or EU? I think there is an option on the launcher to add a command "EU" but I'd have to look for it.
    edited April 2013
    im from USA, when i try the EU proxy it times out and cannot connect to that server
    edited April 2013
    p.s. why are there no devs ever available for this garbage?
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yes, the F2P part is starting to show.

There is an old saying "You get what you pay for" and since this game is meant to be free to play, you can see what I mean.