test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Human Cleric best?

ivqancorpivqancorp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is human the best choice for cleric? When the game come sup agian, I'll be playing a cleric, but I don't know enough about the game to know how much of an advantage human clerics have. From reading the forums though, it seems it is a major advantage to be a human.

Which kind of doesn't make sense, as don't people who pay 200 get access to a special race? Would have guessed that would be the strongest.

Any ways, any comments on human race for cleric?
Post edited by ivqancorp on

Comments

• voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Racial bonuses mean very little, if youre worried about stats, you can increase those when you level.
    Elves, half elves, dwarves, humans all make fine clerics. Hell, im playing a drow cleric
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have Hero package and I am not playing a Drow. I prefer Cleric and I've read about people's ideas about which is the best race for it and all that. I've seen people suggest Tieflings are best and others suggest Human and so on. I have chosen to play a Human Cleric for this reason: you get to really customize how you want to play.

What I mean is this: there are certain extra points on the Human that you don't get with other characters (I think they are trait points or something - I don't know. I am NOT a min-maxer, these numbers don't mean a lot to me and I couldn't care any less. Anyway - with the human you can really ramp-up the way you want to play your character and this is really important on the Cleric.

Because the cleric is a "hybrid" of sorts: both damage dishing and damage repairing, you can use the extra points you get as a Human to *choose* where you want to focus your stats, where other races these points are assigned to you whether you like them or not.

I've been playing my Cleric since Thursday, now at level 23 - I've decided to focus on the healing aspect and I am kicking buttt. *Three Ts for filter LOL). Anyway, all those whiners complaining about how the game is too easy need to go jump in the lake. It's a challenge. (Some of these bosses are horrendous) - but it's a lot of fun being a cleric and on skirmishes and dungeons, you are most loved! LOL
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    I'm going human because my pre-determined RP character for my guild's group (once everyone can play on the 30th) was a human cleric (a carryover from a long time ago, in a completely unrelated setting...but carried over to this game).

Personally, I don't make characters to min-max (after playing other MMOs where I did this and didn't enjoy it)...I make the combination I'd find fun...however, I'd say human would be a strong choice for any class anyways...as they tend to be in most D&D games (strong for every class, rarely the best choice though).
  • polymaticpolymatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Humans are the best all-around race. They can be any of the classes and not be forced into taking a detrimental racial ability.

Half-elves are pretty solid for a Cleric, though. They get a bonus to Wisdom (primary stat) and also one of the secondary stats (I think it's Charisma). However, that's only if you're min-maxing. If you're really focused on playing the "best possible character" stats-wise, you can always take your time at character creation and read the racial abilities for both the races and the classes and see which matches up the best (aka, the stat rolls that are pretty colors getting bonuses from racial stats).

In the end, the bonuses from the race you choose is fairly minimal. You have to keep in mind that the end-game level is 60 and abilities et al do not scale up to ridiculous numbers like in World of Warcrack. A 3% damage reduction in WoW is pretty large, whereas 3% in this game is small at max level.

My advice: choose the character you think LOOKS the best. If you go with a character you can't stand playing/staring at for hour and hours, you will probably be one of those people that hits 60 and then needs a break from the game.
    Fighter.jpg