test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The gear recommendation system.... yeah....

devilsdozendevilsdozen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by devilsdozen on

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah it's why I tell folks to use their common sense
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    devilsdozendevilsdozen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah it's why I tell folks to use their common sense

Thing is, i cant even think of a way to code the system that it would behave like this. The current one must be an artpiece :3
  • Options
    armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whats the issue?
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Apparently, rarity throws it for a loop.

Luckily, the box on the new item that shows what you gain (I completely ignore what's recommended) is all the pertinent information.
    Thing is, i cant even think of a way to code the system that it would behave like this. The current one must be an artpiece :3

The one he has is blue, the one he looted is green. That makes the system view the rare item (even though it's worse stat-wise) as better than the uncommon item.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Apparently, rarity throws it for a loop.

Luckily, the box on the new item that shows what you gain (I completely ignore what's recommended) is all the pertinent information.

The one he has is blue, the one he looted is green. That makes the system view the rare item (even though it's worse stat-wise) as better than the uncommon item.
    *i looted :p

Yes, but color itself doesnt matter in the slightest, any comparison systems should be based solely on numerical values. The fact that they coded color to matter shows how terrible the system is.

@Armored22: Left item is currently equipped. Right item is freshly looted. New item has DOUBLE the stats of the current item, as well as an extra socket, but the worse item is still "recommended".
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    *i looted :p

Yes, but color itself doesnt matter in the slightest, any comparison systems should be based solely on numerical values. The fact that they coded color to matter shows how terrible the system is.

@Armored22: Left item is currently equipped. Right item is freshly looted. New item has DOUBLE the stats of the current item, as well as an extra socket, but the worse item is still "recommended".

My thinking is color matters because it affects item value, and item value somehow figures in (though it shouldn't). Honestly, I don't know HOW it works for sure, as I obviously had nothing to do with programming it...but I can guess at how the logic works. Unfortunately, as you said, it's a flawed logical system apparently (and completely unneeded with the stat comparison box).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    My thinking is color matters because it affects item value, and item value somehow figures in (though it shouldn't). Honestly, I don't know HOW it works for sure, as I obviously had nothing to do with programming it...but I can guess at how the logic works. Unfortunately, as you said, it's a flawed logical system apparently (and completely unneeded with the stat comparison box).

As i said, i have no bloody clue how that can even be programmed. I dont mean in the way of "its impossible". I mean it in a way of "If someone does it, he deserves to be shot". That is the most simple logic ever in existence.
    Step 1: Take value 1
    Step 2: Apply multiplier
    Step 3: repeat for rest of values, then add up

There you go. Comparison system done. How in tarnation someone can bring item color into the system escapes me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    As i said, i have no bloody clue how that can even be programmed. I dont mean in the way of "its impossible". I mean it in a way of "If someone does it, he deserves to be shot". That is the most simple logic ever in existence.
    Step 1: Take value 1
    Step 2: Apply multiplier
    Step 3: repeat for rest of values, then add up

There you go. Comparison system done. How in tarnation someone can bring item color into the system escapes me.

Maybe we're misreading "recommended" to mean "recommend for equip" when it really means "recommend to vendor, if they're equal otherwise". :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Maybe we're misreading "recommended" to mean "recommend for equip" when it really means "recommend to vendor, if they're equal otherwise". :P

Oh.
    My.
    Gods.

I just checked it. It looks like you're 100% right. It seems to be all about vendor cost.

Mind = blown
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013

As mentioned, the coding is simple:

"Highest Selling Price = Recommended Item"

Yay. Go 'logic'.