test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question related to "mount drops" and "coin store mounts"

forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well... unfortunately I'm not a founder. And, I still have 3 days to see the game.

I wonder:
What kind of mounts are available at coin shop right now? And I also wonder their prices.
Are there any boars, wolves, etc to buy ?

I also heard that there are at least 2 kind of mount drops within "chests" as well. (nightmare and regular spider?) Are there any more? Any non*chest mount drops so far?

I also know that there are 2 kind of PC Gamer exclusive mount. However I couldn't get one.

Thanks and have fun.
Post edited by forumcan on

Comments

• Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure there are some Worgs in the cash shop

The Nightmare doesn't drop from "chests" it drops from the nightmare lockbox, and you need to use cash to buy the KEYS for the lockboxes

This will all be much more clear when you can login for yourself and look on the shops and such
  • Options
    dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    If you are planing on spending cash on a mount, it is just cheaper to buy the guardian pack.

Rank 3 mounts you can buy from the Zen store will cost you $40 and the guardian pack costs $60 and gives you a Rank 3 mount plus 600k AD plus a lot of other stuff.

If you are not planing on spending cash on a mount, you can buy one with 2,5 gold at level 20 and spend AD to upgrade it later (need AD to make it Rank 2 and Rank 3).
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Sadly the Guardian pack mount turned out to be blue (rank 2) and not purple (rank 3).
  • Options
    pixeldogpixeldog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    Sadly the Guardian pack mount turned out to be blue (rank 2) and not purple (rank 3).

The Guardian Mount is Blue yes, but it is a rank 3 mount and pretty much identical to the Hero mount aside from text color and model.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm more interested in types of mounts.
    I have seen armored spider (HotN). But I also heard spider mount drop from nightmare lockbox. I wonder how it looks like.
    Worgs, bears, boars... I wish I could see them.
  • Options
    pixeldogpixeldog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Lock box mount is a Horse that is on fire.

The Only way to get the Spider is to buy the Hero Founders pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Do you guys know where to input PC Gamer mount code?
    Is it under My Account / Redeem Beta keys ?

I'm trying hard to find one of those codes. That's at least I could do.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To the OP:

Currently (they will expand in choice with time) there are Horses, Heavy Worg, meaning armored (nasty monster wolf thing) and a "phantom" Heavy Howler in the Z-Store. These ranged from green, blue and purple values. In-Game there are wolves, and horses among other things.

Prices have been changed since beta: Z-Store purples were $Z3500, now $Z4000; but the Blue "Armored War Horse" (in Z-Store called Sword Coast Armored Horse) now also has a Purple Quality version for $Z3000 (and looks much better than Worg or Howler IMO).

The mount vendor still offers "Special" mounts for Astral Diamonds. <- Incorrect - see below

I'm not in game right now, so some of what I describe may be my misremembering, but this is pretty much the lay of the land as it were.

In game now - updated

Z-Store mounts:

Heavy Worg, Purple, 4000; Amnian Horse, Greem, 500; Black Horse, Green, 800; Calimshain Horse, Green, 500; Heavy Howler, Purple, 4000; Medium Black Horse (Sword Coast Armor), Blue, 2000; Medium Palomino Horse, Blue, 2000; Medium Worg, Blue, 3000; Thethyr Horse, Green, 500; Sword Coast Raiding Horse, Purple, 3000.

In-game:

MOUNTS:
    Palomino Horse +1; Brindle Horse +1; Sabino Horse +1; Appaloosa Horse +1 = all horses are 5 Gold
    Brindle Horse (Rental) and Sabino Horse (Rental) each lasts 5 hours. And costs 1... something. I'm not sure what that is.

MOUNT TRAINING
    Mount Training II +2: 768000 Astral Diamonds; Mount Training III: 2064000 Astral Diamonds.
    There are no in-game mounts purchasable with Astral Diamonds like there were in Beta Weekends.

I know Guardians are in-game now - so I posted this for everyone else coming in on the 30th.
  • Options
    jeslajesla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Out of curiosity whats the difference in the blue quality of the Guardian mount compared to the Spider, if there both level 3 don't they have same speed and what not? or does the Horse have a higher risk of being knocked of and such
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    To the OP:

Currently (they will expand in choice with time) there are Horses, Heavy Worg, meaning armored (nasty monster wolf thing) and a "phantom" Heavy Howler in the Z-Store. These ranged from green, blue and purple values. In-Game there are wolves, and horses among other things.

Prices have been changed since beta: Z-Store purples were $Z3500, now $Z4000; but the Blue "Armored War Horse" (in Z-Store called Sword Coast Armored Horse) now also has a Purple Quality version for $Z3000 (and looks much better than Worg or Howler IMO).

The mount vendor still offers "Special" mounts for Astral Diamonds.

I'm not in game right now, so some of what I describe may be my misremembering, but this is pretty much the lay of the land as it were.

In game now - updating....

Thank you !!!
    This kind of info is what I was looking for. And thanks for upcoming info as well.
    Please do not rush. Enjoy your game
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Z-Store mounts:

Heavy Worg, Purple, 4000; Amnian Horse, Greem, 500; Black Horse, Green, 800; Calimshain Horse, Green, 500; Heavy Howler, Purple, 4000; Medium Black Horse (Sword Coast Armor), Blue, 2000; Medium Palomino Horse, Blue, 2000; Medium Worg, Blue, 3000; Thethyr Horse, Green, 500; Sword Coast Raiding Horse, Purple, 3000.

In-game:

MOUNTS:
    Palomino Horse +1; Brindle Horse +1; Sabino Horse +1; Appaloosa Horse +1 = all horses are 5 Gold
    Brindle Horse (Rental) and Sabino Horse (Rental) each lasts 5 hours. And costs 1... something. I'm not sure what that is.

MOUNT TRAINING
    Mount Training II +2: 768000 Astral Diamonds; Mount Training III: 2064000 Astral Diamonds.
    There are no in-game mounts purchasable with Astral Diamonds like there were in Beta Weekends.

I know Guardians are in-game now - so I posted this for everyone else coming in on the 30th.

Thank you !

What is 1000z equals to in $ ?
    (or for example 4000z Heavy worg's $ equivalent)
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Thank you !

What is 1000z equals to in $ ?
    (or for example 4000z Heavy worg's $ equivalent)

4000z is $40
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    100 Zen = $1 U.S. - this is why I write $Z - $Z1,000 - really $10.00.

So it's Z-Store is pricey - but if you are invested into the game, it's worth it for the advantages you get. ALSO - Note that when you buy a Mount in Z-Store - you get it for that character and it's free for all new characters you create forever.

I strongly recommend you read the WIKI link in my signature - I wrote a complete Economy FAQ for new users that explains all these things - including the difference in Equipment colors and how Z-Store works.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    4000z is $40
    Thank you for information.

Hmm... That's quite expensive, but I think there have been posts about that. So, I should expect.
    And, I think they have raised the standart horse mounts' price from 2 golds to 5 golds.
    Sadly, it seems like they try to get as much as they can get during high hype is present :(

Since I couldn't get the PC gamer mount. It seems that I could only get regular horse after collecting enough gold. Better than nothing :)