test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about head-start

kanonlokkanonlok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey!

I purchased the Guardian of Neverwinter so I should be able to start today.

But when I open the client it says "Open beta!" And a time below, and the times says 3 days and 3 hours. Should that timer change when I bought the pack? Or do the client/game know I can play in 3 hours?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.
Post edited by kanonlok on

Comments

• solarus45solarus45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You will be able to log in once the launcher says 3 days left, since the guardian head start is 3 days early.

About 2:15 hours from now!
  • diedreadiedrea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's 3 hours and 15 minutes from now.
  • aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kanonlok wrote: »
    Hey!

I purchased the Guardian of Neverwinter so I should be able to start today.

But when I open the client it says "Open beta!" And a time below, and the times says 3 days and 3 hours. Should that timer change when I bought the pack? Or do the client/game know I can play in 3 hours?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.

The client knows. Its not counting down the time when you can play.
  • kanonlokkanonlok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okey great :-) Just another 3 hours and 5 minutes to wait then!
  • dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    12 noon Eastern. not to long just would advise not holding your breath 3 hours with out oxygen can cause problems.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2013
    diedrea wrote: »
    That's 3 hours and 15 minutes from now.

Interesting so its actualy a two and a half day head start. every pre launch headstart program ive ever been involved in has started at midnight . and servers were available at 12:01 my guess is this whole thing will not go down smooth.
  • diedreadiedrea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, open beta starts at 9am PST on the 30th. Guardians get in at 9am PST on the 27th, so still a three day headstart.
  • cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    Are there really this many people who fail to see the 50000000000000000000000000 posts on this already?! ;)
  • wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2013
    diedrea wrote: »
    No, open beta starts at 9am PST on the 30th. Guardians get in at 9am PST on the 27th, so still a three day headstart.

That makes sense . what confuses me still is why they are calling it an open beta still when they have stated to different publications the launch is on the 30th
  • cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    That makes sense . what confuses me still is why they are calling it an open beta still when they have stated to different publications the launch is on the 30th

Because the 30th is the launch for Open beta for all those that didnt purchase a founder pack (as they have no head start) - we have no date when the game will officially launch as of yet, it could stay in open beta for quite a while.
    edited April 2013
    Because open beta IS launch.

It's a F2P game so they are using a Soft Launch to have poeple get in on the 30th.

Keeping it as open beta means people know the game still may need some work, but you can get in a play now without fear of a charcter wipe.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Interesting so its actualy a two and a half day head start. every pre launch headstart program ive ever been involved in has started at midnight . and servers were available at 12:01 my guess is this whole thing will not go down smooth.

Yeah cause it's tailored for the American time zone. Be glad this game isn't produced by a company from Mars and tailored for Mars time.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    They call it open beta so people wont judge the game as harshly and so they can get away with more slack when they encounter inevitable launch issues. It's a dirty trick that worked once or twice years ago, but nobody falls for anymore, somebody forgot to tell PW. Game is live on the 30th, it's not beta, at all.