test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You can log in before 5pm GMT?!

scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is this true?

I've heard you can log in an hour before the official guardian launch time. I'll certainly be trying :)

If you too are starting tonight then jump in with us, sign up here http://relentlessnw.enjin.com/ There will be about 10-15 of us and were always looking for more adult mature gamers! :)

Got snacks, red bull and some other stimulants to keep going for an all nighter!
Post edited by scan69 on

Comments

• Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    I really don't think that is true. Where did you hear about that?
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    "Headstart for Guardians begins at 9AM Pacific (GMT -8) on 4/27."

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pdt-to-gmt-converter If you want to see what the exact time will be for your region/timezone. :)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    Is this true?

I've heard you can log in an hour before the official guardian launch time. I'll certainly be trying :)

If you too are starting tonight then jump in with us, sign up here http://relentlessnw.enjin.com/ There will be about 10-15 of us and were always looking for more adult mature gamers! :)

Got snacks, red bull and some other stimulants to keep going for an all nighter!

185e5_ORIG-cool_story_bro_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    "Headstart for Guardians begins at 9AM Pacific (GMT -8) on 4/27."

Im from the UK so its 5pm officially, but I have heard that they are going to let people in an hour early to reduce server load and general forum whine that is always bad for business.
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    They should just let us in now for being awesome and stuff.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I haven't heard this unfortunately Scan69. For the moment I would personally just treat that as a rumour as if you think about it, if they open up an hour earlier, everyone else will log in that timeframe as well, so the logic behind that decision doesn't make sense.

So until you see an official response about such a change to the login time, just treat the notification I posted as being correct :)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• Options
    endersxetendersxet Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought we guardians are getting three days head start? 12pm eastern time (9am pct) would mean, that i'm only getting 2.5 days of head start. So cryptic where are my other 12 hours?
  • Options
    hc40hc40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Spend these 4 final hours with friends and family before they get fed up with your neglect and leave you.
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    endersxet wrote: »
    I thought we guardians are getting three day head start? 12pm eastern time (9am pct) would mean that i'm only getting 2.5 days of head start. So cryptic where is my other 12 hours?

Because the start time is the same every day of the newcomers.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I thought we guardians are getting three day head start? 12pm eastern time (9am pct) would mean that i'm only getting 2.5 days of head start. So cryptic where is my other 12 hours?

Open beta doesn't start at midnight on the 30th, but at 9am PDT/GMT-8, so you still get your 3 days ;)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• Options
    edited April 2013
    hc40
    "Spend these 4 final hours with friends and family before they get fed up with your neglect and leave you."

providing I have any... LOL
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    I thought we guardians are getting three days head start? 12pm eastern time (9am pct) would mean, that i'm only getting 2.5 days of head start. So cryptic where are my other 12 hours?

You get to start at 9 am PDT on April 27th. Free users get to start at 9 am PDT on April 30th. Looks like full 3 days to me.
  • Options
    immortalsguildimmortalsguild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They should just let us in now for being awesome and stuff.

Yeah I can agree with this :p
    The Immortals, United we stand, we don't fall! Application to join The Immortals
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    But what have you done to be awesome? I don't see a sammich or a fresh cup of coffee on my desk! No awesome points for you then.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• Options
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    You get to start at 9 am PDT on April 27th. Free users get to start at 9 am PDT on April 30th. Looks like full 3 days to me.

Yea I understand that now, and thanks for all that reply to remind me! For whatever reason my mind just didn't put 2 to 2 together for that. I blame it on old age of being 31!
  • Options
    me33ieme33ie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    scan69 I will be on later name in game is Venoxa so give me a /w if want will add to friends list once online what is you name gonna be ??.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yea I understand that now, and thanks for all that reply to remind me! For whatever reason my mind just didn't put 2 to 2 together for that. I blame it on old age of being 31!

I'm 31, but my mind is that of a 21 year old :D
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I am 36 but i have the mind of a 3 year old; i win.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    me33ie wrote: »
    scan69 I will be on later name in game is Venoxa so give me a /w if want will add to friends list once online what is you name gonna be ??.

Ill be called Riverwind in game, but the best thing to do is jump in here.

http://relentlessnw.enjin.com/

This will be where we focus our community once we get started.
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am 40 and have the head of a 5 year old...

In my closet!
  • Options
    dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Headstart for Guardians begins at 9AM Pacific (GMT -8) or 12 noon eastern.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • Options
    philparry80philparry80 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still undecided on to get Guardian or wait until Tuesday...
  • Options
    taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still undecided on to get Guardian or wait until Tuesday...

Get Guardian. It's the sweet spot.
    10mr4gl.png
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pretty simple. If you're going to want to buy a R3 mount, or going to want a R3 companion, then you'll want to get the Guardian's pack.

The total of the items in the Guardian's pack will cost 13500 zen if purchased separately. You're paying 6500 zen. Do the maths.

If you're never going to spend a dime, or prefer to grind 4.6 million AD for the ranks in-game (approximately 60 days of grinding, and that's per character), then don't purchase the pack.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Pretty simple. If you're going to want to buy a R3 mount, or going to want a R3 companion, then you'll want to get the Guardian's pack.

The total of the items in the Guardian's pack will cost 13500 zen if purchased separately. You're paying 6500 zen. Do the maths.

If you're never going to spend a dime, or prefer to grind 4.6 million AD for the ranks in-game (approximately 60 days of grinding, and that's per character), then don't purchase the pack.

you forgot: "if you wanna start playing today!!"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    you forgot: "if you wanna start playing today!!"

Oh YES I do!