test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter player population.

furtimusfurtimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How many player buy Hero and Guardian packs?
Have statistic anywhere?
Post edited by furtimus on

Comments

• Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Quite a few.
    Yes.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Quite a few.
    Yes.

Could you please share that link ?
    I also want to see how many players will be able to teleport before me while I'm waiting for server queue.
  • Options
    furtimusfurtimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes. And how many player capacity have the shards? Where start the queueing? 1000? 3000? ....
  • Options
    immortalsguildimmortalsguild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know this game seems to have slipped under the radar a bit, just look at these forums, the big mmo have in the millions of posts, these guys have in the 10 of thousands, strange to be honest, as I think from what Ive seen this game has what it needs to be big!
    The Immortals, United we stand, we don't fall! Application to join The Immortals
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Could you please share that link ?
    I also want to see how many players will be able to teleport before me while I'm waiting for server queue.

Sowwy, no can do.
    I don't know this game seems to have slipped under the radar a bit, just look at these forums, the big mmo have in the millions of posts, these guys have in the 10 of thousands, strange to be honest, as I think from what Ive seen this game has what it needs to be big!

Seriously?
    1) This forum has only been up for a few days.
    2) The big MMOs have massive advertising budgets + several years to build up those post counts.
    3) A large majority of those posts are off topic or useless.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    servers are populated, i've seen a lot of players during closed beta weekends. If i think to add retail players i think we might reach a decent thousands number. Spread the voice and get 10 more thousands here no? :D
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

I believe many dedicated players will check if it's a pay to win game or not.
    It will take a while to observe publishers market aims.
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    They said during BWE4 about 20,000 people were playing (with no queue). That was on one single shard, so this addresses the question about server capacity.

As for the total count of HotN+Guardians, I have no idea, but again, in the tens of thousands.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've not heard of the numbers behind how many have bought the HoTN or the GoN packs, but Yesterday and the previous day the main city was always had a nice number of people running around. Remember that there is not just 1 server instance for the cities and areas, but mulitple instances to avoid the areas becoming over populated and lower end computers, not being able to handle the load.

I am looking forward to the incoming Guardians tonight as it means more instant queues for the dungeons/skirmishes and pvp :)

But you will find that you won't be alone in open quest areas. Also I do like that Neverwinter has been under the radar of the MMO jumpers and the console kids. I'm sure they will appear in the game soon, but so far I'm loving the community as there is little to none of the typical forum idiots/trolls around.

So we should enjoy it while it lasts :)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    immortalsguildimmortalsguild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously?
    2) The big MMOs have massive advertising budgets + several years to build up those post counts.

m8 you really don't know much in the height of let s say 2 games AoC and lately sw.tor, every hour there would be 50 thousand post during the peak hours, which seemed to be 27/7 :p, and this was still 3 months before release, on the day before, a thread would open and in 5 minutes it would be 20 pages long, so bad in fact that the post you answered would be like 700 posts back.

I have led and played MMO for over 15 years now, so I kinda seen it all.

forumcan wrote: »
    I believe many dedicated players will check if it's a pay to win game or not.
    It will take a while to observe publishers market aims.

Yup think you right, we as a guild mostly stayed away, till about 5 days ago so hopefully other guilds out there are just starting to gear up for this.

Not sure how many were like us and was a deliberate stay away.
    The Immortals, United we stand, we don't fall! Application to join The Immortals
  • Options
    hoenshellhoenshell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Sowwy, no can do.

Seriously?

No need to be rude about a guy asking an honest question! (Take out "Seriously?").... We aren't 12 years old anymore. immortalsguild, tell your friends and get them to tell their friends! That's how I found out about this game!
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Stuff is very expensive to buy in game. And 200 dollars for a game to get the full benefits is not something most people can afford either. I think people will see if it's pay to win before getting into it, and currently there's no consensus on that.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard