test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your impressions: Most/least common classes so far?

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just from observation on the Dragon shard, the most common class at low/mid levels seems to be the Trickster Rogue (no surprise there). Surprisingly, for me, is how many Clerics I see around. I wonder if it is because most HotN folks have been in the beta and know that Clerics are not just healers but do pretty good dps.

What's your impression?
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't paid a lot of attention to what other folk are playing but I went with a cleric for the self healing and nice dps. Plus I think I can stay alive longer with a cleric than any of the other classes.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    TR is easily the most common class.

Least common would be GF.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mages and fighters are less frequent. Probably they will geta boost and rogue and cleric would get a nerf to balance out the population.
  • Options
    vasdrakkenvasdrakken Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Saw a couple mages wrecking house in PVP. I think a lot of people played in the betas and got tired of the GF and they want to try something different.

I happen to like my GF and plan on working through the early areas to get past them before the hordes descend.
    Go forth and live today as if it were yer last. For the Gods are Fickle.
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Most common classes are always those that wreck in pvp. So rogue and mage...like in all MMOs for that matter.

Oh look, prot warriors as well as 2handed warriors suck...like in all MMOs for that matter.
  • Options
    rubixxfreezerubixxfreeze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i will be going control wizard
  • Options
    immortalsguildimmortalsguild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I always in every MMO roll a healer first. so DC will be my first class, regardless of how they balance out to other class, Ive never being one to worry about class balance always think that maybe mmo would work better if they were not balanced and you had to group up to get the balance!
    The Immortals, United we stand, we don't fall! Application to join The Immortals
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    Most common classes are always those that wreck in pvp. So rogue and mage...like in all MMOs for that matter.

Oh look, prot warriors as well as 2handed warriors suck...like in all MMOs for that matter.

An high level GWF can easilly stand in a 1v3 fight inside the arena lol and if you get the hand on using a GF you can parry your rival's attack so...i wouldn't underestimate GWF and GF
  • Options
    pinkiepie17pinkiepie17 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    An high level GWF can easilly stand in a 1v3 fight inside the arena lol and if you get the hand on using a GF you can parry your rival's attack so...i wouldn't underestimate GWF and GF

hahahahahaha
    bender_laugh_moar_350.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    pinkamena_d__pie_signatur_iii_by_grumbeerkopp-d4uncp9.jpg
    Pinkamena Diane Pie - Great Warrior Fighter
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hahahahaha

o wait, you're serious?

let me laugh even harder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh man, that gave me a good laugh

It seems someone here didn't play none of them, or didn't get how the gameplay meta is aimed. Roll a TR/DC, make the things you have to do and do the arenas you gotta do. You'll see by yourself.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Most common I've seen is Rogue. Least common is Wizard. I've done each the first 2 dungeons a minimum of 3 times and not once have I grouped with a Wiz but every group has 2 Rogues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well i have to see if im gonn start with a guardian or gwf...i would prefer the later but gwf seems to have far more utility
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    It seems someone here didn't play none of them, or didn't get how the gameplay meta is aimed. Roll a TR/DC, make the things you have to do and do the arenas you gotta do. You'll see by yourself.

S25lf.gif - If you believe that, go ahead
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    When in doubt, play a rogue. Their very mechanics make them OP in the long run and even smarter game devs failed to balance this class.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    When it doubt, play a rogue. Their very mechanics make them OP in the long run and even smarter game devs failed to balance this class.

I'm just waiting till they notice it like they did towards the GWF in Beta 3
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    When it doubt, play a rogue. Their very mechanics make them OP in the long run and even smarter game devs failed to balance this class.

One day.
    A dev team shall rise up & develop a game where they shall royally troll the players by unleashing a gimped Rogue class upon release of their game.

Even then, a significant amount of people would probably still play Rogues.
    XD
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    One day.
    A dev team shall rise up & develop a game where they shall royally troll the players by unleashing a gimped Rogue class upon release of their game.

Even then, a significant amount of people would probably still play Rogues.
    XD

I bet, on every shard there's going to be more rogues then any other class. You get into a group and its going to be Rogue, rogue, rogue,rogue,guardian

Or just FULL of rogues
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I bet, on every shard there's going to be more rogues then any other class. You get into a group and its going to be Rogue, rogue, rogue,rogue,guardian

Or just FULL of rogues

Mindflayer shard has got more GWF and DC than rogues (including the rich boy who spent a lot and got 60 in less of 24h), some friends of mine are playing there. If TR will be mass-played, it will be after the game will become playable by everyone
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Merlucius Vulgaris
    (a) A common European food fish (Melangus vulgaris) of
    the Codfish family; -- called also fittin.
    (b) A North American fish (Merlucius vulgaris) allied to
    the preceding; -- called also silver hake.
    (c) Any one of several species of North American marine
    sci[ae]noid food fishes belonging to genus
    Menticirrhus, especially M. Americanus, found from
    Maryland to Brazil, and M. littoralis, common from
    Virginia to Texas; -- called also silver whiting,
    and surf whiting.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I do see GF in dungeons so far (nearly level 30), they don't seem to be able to solidly "tank" in the mmo-traditional sense. It's not like they can round up all the mobs in an encounter and have them all bashing on them. Seems like a lot of the dungeons encounters are a bit on the hectic side so far.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing a lot of GWF's in my travels either.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Clerics are really good. Especially at end-game where the rogues/mages I've seen play tend to struggle to solo.

Rogue seems to be the most popular, with guardians bringing up the rear.