test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open beta - $20 pack? Who can play?

pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is EVERYONE able to play during open beta on the 30th? Or only the invited, and the unwashed masses need to wait to whenever they decide to launch?
Post edited by pion01 on

Comments

• hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Everyone plays. Here's a hint for future gaming, read the faqs generally will answer these types of questions
  • pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I went through the FAQ, it doesn't say. All it says is "I downloaded Neverwinter, but I am getting an "Account Error" message whenever I log in.

You may receive this error message during the time the servers are not available. But you'll be able to play once Open Beta begins on April 30!"

and

"Is there a Beta for Neverwinter?

Yes, Open Beta starts April 30! More details can be found in the Official Neverwinter FAQ."

which then proceeds to not get any clearer.

And since that was posted during closed beta, and I don't feel like sifting through troll infested archives, I wasn't sure if "you" meant closed beta folk, or if "you" means EEEEEEEEEEEEEVERYBODY, including someone who just registered like 5 minutes ago by accident.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now the only question that needs to be answered is how long open beta will be. Would be ridiculous if 2 years later we are still in open beta.
  • krowbarrkrowbarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    read the pack you bought.. others packs say beta/vip access and the $20 one doesn't so click on the game client thing and watch the countdown... when it reaches zero you can play.. couldn't be any clearer there with the countdown.. The unwashed masses should know exactly what they bought
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open beta is the same as release pretty much, There is no character wipe and all the content they have finished up to now is in it.
  • sylva748sylva748 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quick question on open beta. I bought a Guardian of Neverwinter pack today. i was logged onto another account but used the email to pay thats tied to this account. Also i dont know where to find my forums title also. So, in short, I was wondering if there was a way to find out which account is tied to the pack, or should i try logging in tomorrow on both accounts and find out by seeing which one logs in?
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do I have to down load this game to play?
    Do I have to have internet access?
    How do I let the computer know I rolled a 20?
    Are there set play times?
    If I log off, does my character die? or can someone else play it?

figured I'd add to the list of Facepalm questions.
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LMAO at that frost168 :)
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Now the only question that needs to be answered is how long open beta will be. Would be ridiculous if 2 years later we are still in open beta.

Personal guess: Once the server merge happens (so we're one server instead of 3), they'll consider it the official 'launch' despite NW launching, well, now.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    sylva748 wrote: »
    Quick question on open beta. I bought a Guardian of Neverwinter pack today. i was logged onto another account but used the email to pay thats tied to this account. Also i dont know where to find my forums title also. So, in short, I was wondering if there was a way to find out which account is tied to the pack, or should i try logging in tomorrow on both accounts and find out by seeing which one logs in?

Go to your user CP, and see if you're able to give yourself the Guardian forum tag.
  • pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    krowbarr wrote: »
    read the pack you bought.. others packs say beta/vip access and the $20 one doesn't so click on the game client thing and watch the countdown... when it reaches zero you can play.. couldn't be any clearer there with the countdown.. The unwashed masses should know exactly what they bought

Yeah, except I bought all 3 packs, so I can't tell, I've been in since bw2, I'm trying to find out for a friend so that he knows which one is worth buying. If the $20 pack won't let him play til open beta is over, then there's no point.