test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics

crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The graphics seem to be worse than in the previous betas. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
Post edited by crstirizlxxvii on

Comments

• armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I too am experiencing this as well, i have settings fully maxed out and it seems like everything is on the lowest settings :S Also getting massive amounts of graphic glitches. Casting spells or just swinging my weapon is just black textures.
  • crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    For me, everything seems to be a bit fuzzy. I've messed around with the setting, but nothing seems to help. I'm not too concerned as I'm sure they'll fix it, it IS Beta after all. I was just concerned that it was only on my end.
  • palpiterpalpiter Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if things look fuzzy for you go into options->video then show advanced video settings and click on troubleshoot. now you should see an option that says "render scale". turn that one up to 1.00 and everything should look ok again.
    (happend to me too as i changed something to reduce fps-drops)
  • crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Thanks! That cleared it up. +1 internets to you, sir. I wish there was a way to force it to truly optimize the graphics for my computer/graphics card. It always SAYS it will, but never really does. I end up spending hours trying to get it to look the best and at the same time perform the best, but I don't really know what I'm doing, lol.
  • tedebearnctedebearnc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been getting a lot of random texture flashing where items will turn white or red and/or green momentarily. Upon loading into Blacklake all the icons above the NPCs heads were white for the first second or so. It's not game-breaking by any means but it is really annoying. I never experienced these problems in any of the four beta weekends. I have the latest video driver as I updated them during BW4 because I was having a problem where when I entered the Tower District on any character after one to five minutes the screen would go black and the game would stop responding. Updating the driver fixed that and I had no other issues the rest of the weekend.