test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Current state of balance?

sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
During BW3 and BW4, when I was following the forums, I noticed a lot of complaints regarding PvE and PvP balance. How is it now? Has anything changed from BW4 to now? What's the current state of PvE and PvP balance?
Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
Post edited by sneakycheeses on

Comments

• vezmirvezmir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh people stop it ! What balance you expect before official game release ?
  • iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    Well, I did a pvp this morning it levelled us up to 19, but I was only 12 so take that with a grain of salt. Melee at that level = dead v. Clerics or Wizards. And you can be stunned till you are dead. I didn't have an escape skill but then I am not sure there are any.

I won't be doing PvP in this game as a melee, at least at low level. I just adore pvp in swtor, so I will keep getting my fix from there.
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    this game will never be perfectly balanced since there are roles "Striker aka the TR" "Controller aka the CW" "Defender aka GF and GWF ( think they are hybrid defender and Striker dunno havent played it )" and Leader wich is the cleric. Strikers do the most dmg, CW like their name implies do less dmg but control the battlefield... no classes in this game will be balanced with each other, Controllers will be balanced against other controller classes same with the Striker classes when they add more in thats about it
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Well, I did a pvp this morning it levelled us up to 19, but I was only 12 so take that with a grain of salt. Melee at that level = dead v. Clerics or Wizards. And you can be stunned till you are dead. I didn't have an escape skill but then I am not sure there are any.

I won't be doing PvP in this game as a melee, at least at low level. I just adore pvp in swtor, so I will keep getting my fix from there.

That funny I was in PvP 10-19 bracket as a Cleric with an other Cleric and 2 wizards earlier to day believe the 5th was a GF vs a team with 1 wizard 2 GWF and 2 GFs and we lost horribly.

Of cause I got no idea what levels the others where or what kind of equipment they had.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In what version of D&D ever was there balance or even an attempt to balance. Yes there has always been PvP in D&D... however balance even then was not a thought.

Wizards always win at high levels if they are given warning.
    Rogue always could 1 shot a wizard if suprised
    Clerics are always OP
    Warriors get the jump on anything could 1 shot.

I mean seriously 7x summon monsters, an army of undead, meteor swarm, and wish... throw in 20 other spells who stands a chance.

PvP is about groups fights anyways. I would be more worried about who you choose in your premade. If your a PUG... makes some friends.
  • jestal1jestal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Ive heard decent things overall for the pvp, and Im sure it will get better with the foundry.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember one adventure I was on while in college....

1/2 giant Psion/Fighter travelling and starving in the desert. Woke up one morning and a bad roll on the alignment change.
    Lets just say our Halfling was not very happy. However my belly was full.

Thank goodness for clerics...