test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monsterous PCs

flyingbarmitzflyingbarmitz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've heard a lot of buzz about new classes that will be added after launch but I haven't heard much about new races. I know the drow are coming at some point but will we see some monster manual PC races? I'd give my left nut to play a kobold rogue. Or a kobold wizard. Then I could be a lizard wizard casting blizzard.
Post edited by flyingbarmitz on

Comments

• Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    There is a "Coming Soon" spot, but I honestly don't know what race we will soon.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Daaw kobolds! To be honest I would make one as an alt, even pay for an additional slot to create one! Always loved the pesky little things. I'm a big fan of playing monster races just for the RP challenge of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daroskadaroska Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been wondering about this myself since they released the monster manual on gnolls, kobolds and orcs.

As an old D&D player who used to work with primarily 'monster' characters, I'd honestly love to try one out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd really love more of the 4E player races: shardmind, dragonborn, genasi, hegenyoki, wilden, shifter, deva, kobold, revenant, githzerai, vyraloka, etc.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Given the core races for 4E and those for 4E Forgotten Realms, I'd expect the dragonborn and genasi to be added first.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would pay $30 to unlock an Illithid race.

Illithid Psion FTW!
  • Options
    halflingpaladinhalflingpaladin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    my one request:

Release bard and kobald at the same time.

Thank you.
  • Options
    daroskadaroska Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It'd be nice to see some playable Thri-Kreen in the future, as well.
    With the Shaar turned into a desolation after the Spellplague, some might have migrated west.
    Definitely would make for some interesting events in Neverwinter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    daroska wrote: »
    It'd be nice to see some playable Thri-Kreen in the future, as well.
    With the Shaar turned into a desolation after the Spellplague, some might have migrated west.
    Definitely would make for some interesting events in Neverwinter.

+1
    I would love to have a Thri-Kreen hunter equipped with gythka and chatkcha.
    Thank you for making me remember them...
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dragonborn are coming.
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I love the Gnoll character model for NW, I'd love to play as one, and we know some monstrous races are welcome in the City because there are Kobold NPCs!
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    by the look of the races i doubt we will see any of the "monstrous" looking race for a while... id guess the coming soon button is for the Drow that will be released in 60 days ( remeber its diffrent from the HotN drow so it gets its own spot )
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    my one request:

Release bard and kobald at the same time.

Thank you.

Ah an other Deekin fan!

BTW dragonborn stuff been datamined apparently.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    +1
    I would love to have a Thri-Kreen hunter equipped with gythka and chatkcha.
    Thank you for making me remember them...

Ah yes, nothing better than to wield a gythka and best your enemies both ways!

Though, I myself am more one for a chatkcha's subtle finesse, out of a choice of the two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jestal1jestal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Ya new stuff coming, but who knows when, and who cares... I mean that nicely, lets enjoy the release!
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dragonborn are coming.

Oh good I was hoping the avatars where a sign of that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    misaj2131misaj2131 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've heard a lot of buzz about new classes that will be added after launch but I haven't heard much about new races. I know the drow are coming at some point but will we see some monster manual PC races? I'd give my left nut to play a kobold rogue. Or a kobold wizard. Then I could be a lizard wizard casting blizzard.

The Drow are already in the game, friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seriousness rank : F
    RP rank : A-
    Lovability : A*

Could go for a nice hug right now... Anyone?
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    misaj2131 wrote: »
    The Drow are already in the game, friend

Only if your a HotN founder, otherwise it will be added in 60 days :P
  • Options
    flyingbarmitzflyingbarmitz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How hard can kobolds be to add to the game, there are already kobold companions :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    How hard can kobolds be to add to the game, there are already kobold companions :P

Well I'm not exactly sure on the specifics, but if they use a different skeleton? Then yes, it'd be hard.

Same with the Orcs, Gnolls etc. which would probably require one to rig the model over to a new skeleton.
    That in itself could look off in comparison to their brethren NPCs. Even if not so, their models need editing.
    Both for a 'bare' form of the race, as well as for a female appearence. But not to mention adjusting clipping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]