test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions.. am I doing it wrong?

hopes1xhopes1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
As the title reads, I'm not sure if I'm uberderping and failing at doing Professions correctly, or they're just ridiculous?

For instance: I'm a Leatherworker, the only thing I've been able to do pretty much is Gather Simple Pelts (requires 1 asset to do this) because I only had like 2 Rock Salt which is required to turn the Pelts into Leather to do anything else with them. I'm already Lv20 and I still haven't gotten any more Rock Salt. I've opened as many kits as I could find on my leveling journey but no Rock Salt has turned up. And the AH is either completely empty or broken, so I can't find any there.

Is there something I'm missing here? :/
Post edited by hopes1x on

Comments

• Options
    mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Try the profession vendor in the market ;)
  • Options
    iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    You buy rock salt from the professions vendor that kicked off this whole journey. You do find some rare (green, and blue) crafting maps whilst adventuring but you can also buy the green ones from her.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep, it's part of the gold sink for vendor bought mats. Don't expect anything on the AH for a good while I would imagine. Open every craft node you come across. (Dungoneering, nature, religion, alchemy etc etc) as those are going to be a major source of materials for you.
  • Options
    hopes1xhopes1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Thanks all. Now I just wish I could access the Profession Vendor from Gateway. :/
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    hopes1x wrote: »
    Thanks all. Now I just wish I could access the Profession Vendor from Gateway. :/

I dunno why you cant buy that stuff from the gateway.
  • Options
    nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^^ seconded
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hopes1x wrote: »

Agreed. After a point in BWE4, I would go in-game and buy 50+ of the vendor mat so I could do things in the gateway.
  • Options
    iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    You can buy some at the auction house, but I'd rather spend coin in game than AD, that's just me though.
  • Options
    yebittend0gyebittend0g Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait to play. I wish there was a video to show a little more on professions and gathering.
  • Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will skip open another thread and use this one: someone can explain how leadership works? thanks
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    I will skip open another thread and use this one: someone can explain how leadership works? thanks

Instead of making gear, you get character XP rewards, astral diamonds, and treasure chest type boxes that have random consumables and crafting materials.
  • Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Instead of making gear, you get character XP rewards, astral diamonds, and treasure chest type boxes that have random consumables and crafting materials.

And this profession is limited for vips anything? I am not ingame right now and will role my toons tonight.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    And this profession is limited for vips anything? I am not ingame right now and will role my toons tonight.
    Every profession is available to every character regardless of class, the game even expects you to level up multiple professions on a single character (you get an additional task slot for getting 3 professions to level 20).