test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Renaming Companions

nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it possible to rename a companion after the initial naming?
Post edited by nomad1506 on

Comments

• doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I personally haven't tried, but I have a feeling it's going to be a no.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't checked in OB, but in closed beta you could. It costs AD though.
    L'sya Raiya
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The answer to almost any question in a FTP game:

Player: "Can I xxxxxxxx?"
    Dev: "KA-CHING!"
  • veslepingleveslepingle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can change the name with Astral Diamonds.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It costs 6000 AD, and you can refine 24k a day, so, this really is not a cash thing. Easily earned and done in the game.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • r4injinr4injin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cost 6k AD and this is bs,why rename a **** companion should cost ADs.I got a cleric put a male name on it and dang,its a girl.
    Now i have to farm this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just to change her name,good job PW...
  • worldromworldrom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least in the item description had to have the gender of your companion... I named a woman cleric with a male name because I did't know what gender he would come... Now I have to spend 6k AD to rename she... frustrating...
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    worldrom wrote: »
    At least in the item description had to have the gender of your companion... I named a woman cleric with a male name because I did't know what gender he would come... Now I have to spend 6k AD to rename she... frustrating...

While the companion is in your backpack if you right click it (before trying to bind it) and look down the drop menu there is an option to 'inspect companion' this will open up a page that shows you what your companion looks like.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worldrom wrote: »

When you are talking to the person that you get your free first companion from, they tell you the gender. They mention that after the companion earns enough experience that he or she will have to take some time to train.

It's also posted in multiple places here on the boards.

And you can also inspect your companion before you name them to see that it is a female with your own eyes.

Nevermind all of the companions following players around in the game.
  • leninpmleninpm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    where can I do this ?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Grumpy God of Death is not happy with this thread. FYI: Click "Rename Companion" in the character status screen.

Also, please check last post dates. After 30 days, let it rest in peace.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.