test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing fron Europe

dufrensedufrense Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi!

Getting ready for my April 27 early access I was wondering if i should select some specific server when I create my character? I will be playing from Sweden, is there a "european" server or are all of them located in the US?

Thanks!

/Dufrense
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Post edited by dufrense on

Comments

• aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like all shards are in the USA
  • cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    As they will be merging shards into one single server at a later date, i suspect they are all together - im unsure how far down the line they will merge, guess they are trying to ensure a smooth launch.
  • dufrensedufrense Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aha. Im a bit worried about lag then. Do you think I will have an issue with this? Im on a decent 24 Mbit ADSL.

Any european players that can comment on this?
    //Duf
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's the same server(s) for everyone. The latency is "okay". I managed to play fine from Germany, but there were stretches where lag was noticeable. Still playable, though.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • dufrensedufrense Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And by the way, how can i get the "Guardian" status in my forum avatar lika you guys above have? I have bought the Guardian Pack so Im supposed to be able to play on the 27th of April.

//Duf
  • cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    dufrense wrote: »
    aha. Im a bit worried about lag then. Do you think I will have an issue with this? Im on a decent 24 Mbit ADSL.

Any european players that can comment on this?
    //Duf

I play from the UK but not on until the 27th, all i can say is that i had no issues during beta playing a CW, even in PvP.
    edited April 2013
    Ok that sounds good. Thanks for replying.

/Duf
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm from Europe and I was playing yesterday and it was perfect fine with no latency. Check out my stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/vepogaming/b/395589969
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • aandiin02aandiin02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    no lag from Norway either :)

and Dufrense. click on User CP under the banner on top of forum, go to Permissions groups and mark the Guardian of the north thing for the title.
    edited April 2013
    YES! Now my avatar shows correct title, takk aandiin02 !

And thanks to all again for all the comforting replys on lag/latency.

//Duf
  • vanvulturevanvulture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Playing atm from norway. No lag that i have noticed.
    ''Well, just as I suspected... I couldn't see it because it's invisible.''
  • vomkvomk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Im from Sweden aswell and did not notice any lag in CBW 3 or 4 and I mostly pvped, so no issue there. :)
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dufrense wrote: »
    And by the way, how can i get the "Guardian" status in my forum avatar lika you guys above have? I have bought the Guardian Pack so Im supposed to be able to play on the 27th of April.

//Duf

I am from Europe too but i use proxy option in launcher and there is no lag after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]