test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best Class For Starters?

jzbluezjzbluez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Im here just to ask what's the best class for starters? :D
im thinking about doing the 2 Handed Guy
Post edited by jzbluez on

Comments

• Options
    vomkvomk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    You should make the class that you think is most fun, I will make a Devoted Cleric. :) Great Weapon Fighter is very fun aswell though.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Trickster rogue is the easiest class to play if you are new. Great weapon fighter and guardian fighter are brutal at early levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roenhawkroenhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Priorities for class choice:

Play the class you loved the most in other MMO games.
    Play the class that gets the most group invites. Groups always need 2 DPS 1 tank and 1 healer 1 open spot for anything more. If you play DPS you get more groups to choose from. Every group needs a tank and healer but only 1 of those usually. MT (Main Tank) = more responsibility and you control the fight. Main healer means you get more criticism if you’re letting people get killed. DPS just dish it out until the mob is dead. What role do you want to play in a group is what I go by.
    RoenHawk
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My advice is the Guardian. They are tough, they have cool powers that look and feel good. Get yourself a cleric companion at level 17, when you get a quest for a free one, and you will be good to go.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All of them seem starter friendly, game gets harder after level 30 so there is enough time to get to learn how to play the class you want.
  • Options
    darkkilla1darkkilla1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    roenhawk wrote: »
    Priorities for class choice:

Play the class you loved the most in other MMO games.
    Play the class that gets the most group invites. Groups always need 2 DPS 1 tank and 1 healer 1 open spot for anything more. If you play DPS you get more groups to choose from. Every group needs a tank and healer but only 1 of those usually. MT (Main Tank) = more responsibility and you control the fight. Main healer means you get more criticism if you’re letting people get killed. DPS just dish it out until the mob is dead. What role do you want to play in a group is what I go by.

I know from experince while you can only get one tank and 1 healer in a party noone usally wants to play these roles there for they have a easier time getting a party due to them being "rare"
  • Options
    pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    Whatever makes you happy JZ, just depends on you. If you are not really drawn to anything specific, I recommend playing a couple different classes for a few levels to get a feel for them. While you dont get all the bells and whistles of the higher levels, you get a feel for them. Whatever you decide, have fun :)
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I think it's mostly a matter of preference. I spent some time with GWF, Cleric and CW, and none of them were hard to start out with. GWF took a lot more damage than the two caster, and I found CW slightly more twitchy than the Cleric, but I had no problems so far with either of them.

I imagine the GF might be the hardest, because of the block mechanics and you have to "lead" later in dungeons, which means you may be expected to have more knowledge. But that is just something I assume based on experiences in other MMOs.

The game is new, just play what you want and you'll be fine. :) Try out different classes!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    Try them all and see which is the most fun!

The beauty of the queue system is that it auto selects it for you so no need to worry about who wants what and all that shizzle. I personally find the control wizard a shed load of fun and the rogue is a little too easy for my liking (although i don't know how much so at later levels) so it really depends on how you play/like to play.
  • Options
    haralorharalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So if i want to Play DD GF how can the Queue System know i am not a Tank?

DD GF makes more Damage like a GWF so i go GF but i do not want to tank.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Queues you just queue up and game will make a group, from what I seen it currently tries to get 1 of each class in the group but you can get multiples.
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Choices:

Tank

Ranged DPS

Melee DPS

Healer

take your pick
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jzbluez wrote: »
    Im here just to ask what's the best class for starters? :D
    im thinking about doing the 2 Handed Guy

All classes play exactly the same so it doesn't matter .
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    All classes play exactly the same so it doesn't matter .

No, they don't. :)

As for the queue system -- if it's any indication, my CW gets skirmishes much faster than my Cleric. Arguably, the Cleric is also stronger early on. No idea what it'll be like later on.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    merlinquarks1973merlinquarks1973 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In some ways I'm finding GF harder as they're slow and you need to really anticipate what mobs are going to do. However they are very durable and specced right do okay damage soloing. If you make a mistake on a GF you don't pay too heavy a price. My Trickster is far more mobile but one slip up can cost dearly. I think a GF is an awesome character to learn on as you have to pay attention but you won't be spending all your time corpse running.

DC's seem a little too easy - I can spam random keys and mobs fall and I stay healthy. Not really learning the mechanics with it. Having said that I would imagine DC's would be quite difficult to play in groups.

Edit: Just realised what an enormous necro I just pulled - sorry.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Closing necro'd thread
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
This discussion has been closed.