test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The exclusive drow

saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone else think they would get thw cool costume or armor you saw in the video? :(
My drow don't feel special like the video lol
Post edited by saintxii on

Comments

• trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Throw on your regalia set and start popping out useless items from your robe.

Feel speshal now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raithiasraithias Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought I could at least have the blue eyes pictured on the male drow in the video, but they aren't an option for some reason :(
    21.jpg
  • darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not as cool looking as I expected they're just dark skinned wood elves, I kind of regret buying the pack now should've just got the guardian pack
    :(
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ******canoe remarks aside :rolleyes:....yes I was a bit disappointed, the whole wording and rewording of that was a bit...lame, but what are you going to do.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • aandiin02aandiin02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in a crowd that all gets to make drow...no drow will feel special. wait until the game starts on saturday when the people that don't have the option yet...then you might feel abit better.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm just happy Fairie Fire seems to proc a lot (it's way over 5%, more like 50%). Makes Drow actually worth a **** as a race. Although if they nerf Fairie Fire down to the stated 5% then Drow as a race will be effectively garbage.
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    its not that i wanted to feel special as a HON member. I just was expecting to look like the drow they advertised in the video. Armor, Mask, eyes etc. Atm. ATM It seems like the same drow everyone will be getting in two months plus stupid tatoo no one uses...
  • ldillirhldillirh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I kind of expected a costume or something aswell. Right now it just doesnt have that exclusive feel to it... What's the difference going to be with the other drow race? Just that tat?

It does not have anything to do with all the people running around with drow... Just I would maybe like to get a summary of differences with the "normal" drow coming in 2 months? Anyone that knows this?
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ldillirh wrote: »
    Yeah I kind of expected a costume or something aswell. Right now it just doesnt have that exclusive feel to it... What's the difference going to be with the other drow race? Just that tat
    The racial ability is different. Darkfire instead of Faerie Fire. I can't say more, sadly.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    saintxii wrote: »
    its not that i wanted to feel special as a HON member. I just was expecting to look like the drow they advertised in the video. Armor, Mask, eyes etc. Atm. ATM It seems like the same drow everyone will be getting in two months plus stupid tatoo no one uses...

SOmetimes you have to be a bit counter intuitive to be special.

im mixing the regailia set with the peasant stuff to create coret suit or a long modest robewwith pouch
    im using the bound random dyes to colour them so my chars all look different.
    and to be special as a drow i gave her the black skin but i ALSO gave her Black hair since all drow ive seen have white hair.....im special

also i used green tattoing around gold eyes to make her eyes seem green. so i got a black haired drow with greenish eyes. but i do agree the tatoo sucks. the robe of useless items looks kinda awsome.

My big consern is that thier big money maker is gonna end up bank space cause people arent gonna wanna toss costume bits they dont use away. i wish that the "fashion Items" was a CO/STO style costume slot. I also wish the free dyes wernt random. or wernt bound if we could buy or sell or trade for other colours it would be better
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    saintxii wrote: »
    Anyone else think they would get thw cool costume or armor you saw in the video? :(
    My drow don't feel special like the video lol

Yea this wil be caved (hi Ambi!!)

Aww you dont feel like a special, unique flower on the internet...
    <meme removed per the RoC... Hi... ~Zeb>
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    There is a bug with the tattoos, evidently there are supposed to be more options than there are. Once it is fixed, everyone who made an MR drow before the fix will get a free appearance change token.
  • aandiin02aandiin02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Atleast we get this with todays patch:

Character Art
    -Menzoberranzan Renegades now have their missing tattoos. There are now six tattoos to choose from.
    -All Menzoberranzan Renegade characters now have a Change Appearance Token. This token can be redeemed at the Tower of Alteration in Protector's Enclave for a magical makeover.
  • baenonbaenon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Yea this wil be caved (hi Ambi!!)

Aww you dont feel like a special, unique flower on the internet...

THis, should have been a picture of this guy, but eating a sammich.
  • roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    aandiin02 wrote: »
    in a crowd that all gets to make drow...no drow will feel special. wait until the game starts on saturday when the people that don't have the option yet...then you might feel abit better.

Sad part about this is I purposely made a woodelf with the white hair and darkest skin option it is 90%+ the exact as these "drow" I mean most people I tested it with couldn't believe my woodelf was not drow... sad.

Half the drow hair on the whitest option is still slant grey. and wheres the midnight black skin? wheres the deep charcoal skin? darkest we can get is a ashy brown..... im alittle sad on it.
  • baenonbaenon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sad part about this is I purposely made a woodelf with the white hair and darkest skin option it is 90%+ the exact as these "drow" I mean most people I tested it with couldn't believe my woodelf was not drow... sad.

Half the drow hair on the whitest option is still slant grey. and wheres the midnight black skin? wheres the deep charcoal skin? darkest we can get is a ashy brown..... im alittle sad on it.

Character creation is a bit sketchy, however... when you go to your complexion screen, you'll see a box at the bottom that says "color" there you can choose other hues that are not "brown". There is an obsidian option in there... I was thankful for that.
  • pariahoyamapariahoyama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    The eyes shown (Blue and Green) and the costume shown not being available to people that bought this is messed up. They show something and then don't give it to the people that paid for it? This will not end well for them.