test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Pack Purchase: no gfts

ataakataak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it me or do you not care about the $60.00 I spent on a pre-order?

I see nothing but Heroes of The North gifts but nothing for people like me who purchased the economy pack that promised a companion and other in-game items.

In a leap of faith, I gave you money I earned and got nothing back. The taste of it all leaves me searching for a mouthwash. It is decaying to my trust.

Can we start posting all the rewards with links for current gifts based on the pre-pay type. I'm very glad I didnt order the large package...I feel it would have been a waste. If you don't like my $60.00 then give it back and keep your promise.

Getting into the game is a whole other conversation in itself. The only people who should be waiting are the F2P'ers who invested nothing up front....it's both silly and arrogant to think people have nothing better to do than give away cash for nothing in return.
Post edited by ataak on

Comments

• taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    I don't understand this thread...

The site clearly shows what you get for each pack. Are you saying HotN are getting more than advertising?
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ataak wrote: »
    Is it me or do you not care about the $60.00 I spent on a pre-order?

I see nothing but Heroes of The North gifts but nothing for people like me who purchased the economy pack that promised a companion and other in-game items.

In a leap of faith, I gave you money I earned and got nothing back. The taste of it all leaves me searching for a mouthwash. It is decaying to my trust.

Can we start posting all the rewards with links for current gifts based on the pre-pay type. I'm very glad I didnt order the large package...I feel it would have been a waste. If you don't like my $60.00 then give it back and keep your promise.

Getting into the game is a whole other conversation in itself. The only people who should be waiting are the F2P'ers who invested nothing up front....it's both silly and arrogant to think people have nothing better to do than give away cash for nothing in return.

Are you trolling?
    If not: Guardians cannot log into game until 27th = 3 days before 30th and if you are not in game, you cannot get your founder items.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Dungeons and Dragons a Dead game? You must be kidding... This game could literally go Pay To Play, and all the Dungeons And Dragons fanbase, Baulders Gate Fanbase, etc. would come rushing in to play this game. This game could be $12 per month, and it would still do well, just because it's based on Dungeons and Dragons.

Luckily for you, even if it does become "Pay to Win", you still have the option of playing the game for absolutely nothing. Nothing to complain about really, the chances are, those who have jobs, who love Dungeons and Dragons, are the one's who have purchased the Founders pack. Doesn't mean you have to. Besides, "Pay to Win" would literally describe a game that has no option to PvE, and play cooperatively. The only pay to win situation here, is "maybe" PvP, highly doubtful though, and that is optional. PvP is NOT by any means necessary in this game. Not to mention all items that the founders get can be purchased using in game cash anyways, so in a way, it's not really seen as "Pay to win" at all. It's more like "Play the game long enough, and you'll have earned self respect".
  • magichacker11magichacker11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah this is just confusing. Listed is what you get and Guardian does not get in till Saturday.
  • angryweirdoangryweirdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    people, you can get refunds for all packs! ask them for a refund and they will give it to you. you are entitled to your money back. if you want it - tell them.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The Guardian pack is actually the arguably better deal. You get a purple tier 3 mount and companion as well, and the AD per dollar is higher. I had first gotten the HotN pack and then bought the Guardian one in addition because the rewards stacked, and as said, the Guardian pack is a really good deal.

May have been better to give all funders access today already, just to avoid that some folks feel left out, but a staggered launch like this isn't necessarily a bad concept. Helps to test the load under real (not beta) conditions, and make changes before more people hop on the servers. When SW:TOR launched, headstart had different dates even for people who paid exactly the same, depending on when they registered.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    don't feed them.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Good point. Back to playing!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The Guardian pack is actually the arguably better deal. You get a purple tier 3 mount and companion as well, and the AD per dollar is higher. I had first gotten the HotN pack and then bought the Guardian one in addition because the rewards stacked, and as said, the Guardian pack is a really good deal.

May have been better to give all funders access today already, just to avoid that some folks feel left out, but a staggered launch like this isn't necessarily a bad concept. Helps to test the load under real (not beta) conditions, and make changes before more people hop on the servers. When SW:TOR launched, headstart had different dates even for people who paid exactly the same, depending on when they registered.

Just a note, the mount is blue, but apparently otherwise pretty much the same, it seems.
  • punk999punk999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just a note, the mount is blue, but apparently otherwise pretty much the same, it seems.

It's a Rank 2 mount when i first saw it which i am sure will upset people lol.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    punk999 wrote: »
    It's a Rank 2 mount when i first saw it which i am sure will upset people lol.

It's a Rank 3 mount, so you cannot have been looking too hard.
    Also the tooltip (Blue) colour is being looked at as per this thread, which also shows ingame screen of mount tooltip.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?146611-Guardian-Pack-Horse-Mount-!
  • punk999punk999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    It's a Rank 3 mount, so you cannot have been looking too hard.
    Also the tooltip (Blue) colour is being looked at as per this thread, which also shows ingame screen of mount tooltip.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?146611-Guardian-Pack-Horse-Mount-!

Sorry last time i saw it was in "Cough" test so calm down :)

But thanks.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    Dungeons and Dragons a Dead game? You must be kidding... This game could literally go Pay To Play, and all the Dungeons And Dragons fanbase, Baulders Gate Fanbase, etc. would come rushing in to play this game. This game could be $12 per month, and it would still do well, just because it's based on Dungeons and Dragons.

They said the same about swtor which was supposed to be a SW nerd's wet dream. Turns out that even extreme fanboyism cannot make up for a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game, so why would it be any different here ?!
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »

Luckily for you, even if it does become "Pay to Win", you still have the option of playing the game for absolutely nothing. Nothing to complain about really, the chances are, those who have jobs, who love Dungeons and Dragons, are the one's who have purchased the Founders pack. Doesn't mean you have to. Besides, "Pay to Win" would literally describe a game that has no option to PvE, and play cooperatively. The only pay to win situation here, is "maybe" PvP, highly doubtful though, and that is optional. PvP is NOT by any means necessary in this game. Not to mention all items that the founders get can be purchased using in game cash anyways, so in a way, it's not really seen as "Pay to win" at all. It's more like "Play the game long enough, and you'll have earned self respect".

Uh...no...DDO tried that and couldn't sustain itself.