test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broken Founder's Pack Items

vac333vac333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please fix the broken items in the founder pack or mail everyone 2 gold so we can afford to buy the stuff from vendor as replacement for the broken stuff we paid real money to get...
"On the contrary: even if they never speak of it, people have a very
acute appreciation of the price they have paid for outward peace and quiet:
the permanent humiliation of their human dignity."
- Vaclav Havel -
Post edited by vac333 on

Comments

• Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is broken?
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    still beta, there's a bug form still in the game I assume
  • Options
    vac333vac333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    all the kits to gather craft stuff that you get in the founder's pack are broken for me... if i sell em i get 75 copper, but at vendor they cost over a silver each and would need to buy 25 of them to replace the broken stuff
    - Vaclav Havel -
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have the same problem. I suggest you just hang onto them until they can patch in a fix.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hang out with them.. oh you mean just sit around cause the purpose of me spending real money was to have these items early so i could use them at lower lvl before I have tons of money so i might could have a nice supply of craft material before i hit lvl 10 in the first hour of game play.. oh wait... and since they are broken.. i did not get what i paid for so i just sit and wait for a fix.. or play anyway and count the spent money as a lose..
    - Vaclav Havel -
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They should give you equivalent coin to buy replacement packs on the vendors. Easy and fast fix I would think?

Sorry you guys are having so many problems. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    yes it would be fast if someone GM would actually respond ... been waiting for a response for 3 hours

I am not happy:mad: I hate getting ripped off...
    - Vaclav Havel -
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Seems that paying for an online game these days is like gambling.....

need to have a new disclaimer that says something like

"This is what we might give you for the money you will give us"
    - Vaclav Havel -
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's a bug that is now known, and they will fix it as soon as they can. Be patient, put them in the bank for now.

oh, and it's beta, there will be bugs ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I REALLY think the word beta is used so that game companies can turn out product in any condition and call it ok IMO.. getting fed up with it
    - Vaclav Havel -
  • Options
    thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    vac333 wrote: »
    I REALLY think the word beta is used so that game companies can turn out product in any condition and call it ok IMO.. getting fed up with it

At least they were upfront about it. I've played some "release quality" games that were still in alpha in my opinion.
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    The fix for the kits will be in our first patch.
  • Options
    tacc4990tacc4990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    That's exactly what it is. When a game releases an "Open Beta" with no character wipe they're basically saying "Here's the full game. It's buggy as hell and not ready for release but we need money so we're releasing it anyway and you can't complain about bugs cause its a beta gais" Judging from some of the replies in this very thread as well as all over the forums. The strategy works and people willingly accept it.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will this fix and others be ingame by the time Guardians get to play on the 27th?
    heyrogers wrote: »
    The fix for the kits will be in our first patch.
  • Options
    fabmarkfabmark Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    there is no mmo i have played who dosent have bugs be it on launch or new expansion,i am actually redownloading the game and patching because i kept on crashing in game when zoning,i am not happy but thats life most of my guildies had no issues at launch with getting in game.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did you try verifying your game files first before redownloading?
    fabmark wrote: »
    there is no mmo i have played who dosent have bugs be it on launch or new expansion,i am actually redownloading the game and patching because i kept on crashing in game when zoning,i am not happy but thats life most of my guildies had no issues at launch with getting in game.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I look at it as the single most positive development in MMO's in recent years. Possibly ever.
    Why?
    Because it is a case of simple, unvarnished HONESTY.
    Every MMO that I have ever played (and there have been quite a few, all the way back to Ultima Online) has had a rocky first month or two. These months have been, in all truth, Open Beta's (at best), except that they claimed that they were finished, charged money, and invited critics in to review the "finished product". You got massive numbers of disappointed players and reviews that could (and did) set an otherwise very promising game up for a death spiral. Just look at Hellgate London. And there are STILL, four years down the line, unpatched reviews of Champions Online floating around, influencing gamer choices.
    In this case the good folks at Neverwinter actually have the basic respect to tell us to our faces "Look, this thing is just getting off the ground. There is just no way that all, or even most, of the bugs have been found or fixed. It's still in Beta. If you want Polish, then wait for the full Release in a few months, when it's done".

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

Settle down Francis :p

It's a bug, they're going to fix it. It's crafting related resources, it's not gold duping or an XP exploit. Relax, have a shot of jager, keep playing the game I can't play yet. It'll be OK.
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fabmark wrote: »

While in beta you should expect bugs and other problems but WHEN they sell a pack for 200$ with one of the main attractions being 5 days HEADSTART the least they can do is test these dang "packages" so they are fully functional on the advertised 5 day head start.

It's simple common sense and good business.

When you pay for something you should get it, it's not rocket science.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    angryweirdoangryweirdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    hahaha. how does it feel to be bent over? NO TO PRE-ORDERS!!!
  • Options
    vdthekidvdthekid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    take a chill pill it's day one. you act like 200$ is hard to come by.
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    every time a HotN cries, it makes me happy to be alive.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pwe is rushing to release their unfinished buggy and P2W game so people would start playing it ASAP and maybe, just maybe forget that ESO comes out in the summer.
  • Options
    jyuen33jyuen33 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you do realize that there will be another character wipe before game launch.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jyuen33 wrote: »

trololololo? eh?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Trolls are out in force today.

There are no more character wipes.
    jyuen33 wrote: »
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Back to the OP post I put in a ticket on the broken Profession kits....pretty sad I cant gather 4/5ths of the materials because all those adventurers helper packs I bought cant be used. :P

PS. if you dont see your helper kits in the mail...go to the Founder Agent up on the west side of the Hall of Heros I was able to claim mine there since they didnt show up in the mail
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.