test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DROW!!! no +Int :(

mik1978mik1978 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i have been looking forward to the Drow but now i can see that the Drow dont get +int wtf is that ???

Drow are know for as a awsom race for wizz but just not here

im really disappointed maybe it's just me
Post edited by mik1978 on

Comments

• Options
    daltaren2daltaren2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do starting racial attributes really make that much of a difference? Not trying to sound condescending as I am really just curious.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im sorry you payed 200€ and didnt get what you didnt bother to research properly.

Knowledge is power. You have been defeated.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not familiar with 4e but going all the way back to 2e, elves of any kind only got +2 dex -2 con. Using core ruleset only anyways.
  • Options
    ramethornramethorn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drow never got + Int and they used to get -2 Cha so be thankful.
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At one time Drow got +2 int, +2 Dex, +2 Cha and -2 Con (source).Of course since they also got a level adjustment of +2, that wasn't exactly a good thing in game. 4e is +2 Dex and +2 Cha if memory serves, so no Int makes sense. This is a 4e based game after all . . .
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    edit: got beaten to it.
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    This is a 4e based game after all . . .

Well, more like 4e Influenced. Or Inspired by, vs based upon. Unless you are going with the real wide interpretation of 'based upon' like the movie "Wanted" was based upon the Comic book.

The game can be fun, the foundry is cool, the setting is nice (wish it was more open like wow vs the small instances), etc. but it is not really that close to 4e. Time will tell if it gets closer or moves further away.
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    Well, more like 4e Influenced. Or Inspired by, vs based upon. Unless you are going with the real wide interpretation of 'based upon' like the movie "Wanted" was based upon the Comic book.

The game can be fun, the foundry is cool, the setting is nice (wish it was more open like wow vs the small instances), etc. but it is not really that close to 4e. Time will tell if it gets closer or moves further away.

Its alot closer to 4e then any other edition of DnD... so yeah its based of the 4e system
  • Options
    ritorixritorix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    4e drow are +2 dex, +2 to either wis/cha.

They made an attempt to add AEDU (at will, encounter, daily, utility), the key mechanic of 4e. So yeah. It's 4e.
  • Options
    vdthekidvdthekid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chyea chyea