test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frequent Disconnects and lag

chainsawhand135chainsawhand135 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am getting disconnected anywhere bween every minute and 10 minutes. It seems to happen more frequently in instances, such as the first sewer mission. I am also experiencing some rubberbanding, from small distances to long distances.

I installed a new router, but it is still happening sometimes. What steps can i take to figure out what is causing it?
Post edited by chainsawhand135 on

Comments

• crithappycrithappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting the same problems in game. I'd like to think its just a beta problem and not our end's problem just wait and see...
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In six hours yesterday, I was disconnected a dozen times or so. Once each 20 or 30 minutes. Some times in the city, sometimes during combat or quest dialog,... At first I thought that it could be my internet being evil but maybe my country is too far away from the server or something.:confused:
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I keep getting disconnected from the server. Before I select the character I want to use, after selecting it and trying to load the map, while in combat,... I cannto check Cryptic's logs but I'm qutie sure that I cannot go more than 30 minutes without being "Lost". Sometimes not even 3 minutes.

Any suggestions about what I should check and how? I'd not mind to know if it's something on my end or not. I had no issues whatsoever downlaoding and patching the game and I cannot remember having issues like this ever (in frequency at the very least).

Well, thanks to the disconnections I broke one of zebular's quest. :p I'll post about it somewhere else later.
  • dimoniquedimonique Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Crash..crash..crash..eventually I'll get in BETA!!! LOL
  • viktormonsamaviktormonsama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited March 2013
    About the same thing is happening to me.
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksidious2darksidious2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same problem for me. It has gone from every 20-30 minutes to about every 2-5 minutes. I know for sure it is not my connection.
  • jforjerkjforjerk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 55
    edited March 2013
    I disconnect almost everytime I change zone. No Disconnect while staying in a zone this far.
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah this is realllly annoying. Everytime I am in a foundry mission or a dungeon/skirmish the game crashes. I know its not my internet connection or computer. Can we PLEASE get a response on this please?
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • jforjerkjforjerk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    This problem is still here now in OB.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks everybody! We're taking a look at this. We appreciate the feedback, it helps us to track down the issue!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the response. It's very annoying as I get dequeued from Cloak Tower and other queues when I DC.
    edited April 2013
    I just tried clean install in default directory, shutting off both firewall and antivirus and preloading all game files (disabling update on demand). None of these did any difference.

If I log into the game and directly change map, it works. If I wait 2-3 mins then any mapchange will disconnect me.

Also allowed all connections through router (DMZ), no difference.
  • theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I seem to be able to stay logged in no more then 10-15 mins...
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    yesterday I could be in for hours. Today, minutes
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • rierynrieryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since saturday I've only been able to play for 2-3 minutes before I either get disconnected or start rubberbanding so badly that I cannot play. Then once I logout and log back in I can play for 2-3 more minutes, usually 1 fight or so.
    I did not experience this during the beta weekends at all.

I submitted a ticket with all the information I had available also.
  • feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh I can only imagine how badly this game will suffer when the unwashed masses hit it tomorrow and realize Cryptic is still piggybacking all three games on one badly aging server. I don't normally cry doom but if this isn't fixed it isn't going to bode well for Neverwinter, Star Trek Online when Legacy of Romulus drops, or Cryptic. Sink or swim time, guys... what's it gonna be?
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • lp7plp7p Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Constant Patching......and way too many disconnects. Is the game stable?
  • therealglidestherealglides Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lp7p wrote: »
    Constant Patching......and way too many disconnects. Is the game stable?

Not to be 'that guy' but...No - that's why it is in beta. Did you miss that part?

Anyway - still happening. I get massive lag spikes sometimes 8-15 secs and then I will return to the game normally - other times it is a full DC to the login screen. My internet connection is always up when this happens and it isn't dropping even for a minor moment.

The good news is all the baddies in the PvP arenas get thrills out of an easy kill on the guy going 20 and 0... :(
  • brutallsbrutalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant play for days... To much lags, disconnects and spikes :( Ping is from 150 to 1500...

Europe
  • azdenazden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it would be great though but can't even stay connected for 1 minute. Got a Control-Wizard on Dragon to lvl 4 with several disconnects, and got a Trickster to lvl 2 with several, guess it's back to other games for now lol.
  • shadowsouls2012shadowsouls2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is probably not a beta problem perfect world/cryptic has this problem with other games. star trek online(STO), champions online(CO), I also had a problem with war of immortals(WoI). they seemed to have fixed star trek online, but they just added legacy to STO and they problem has come back.

go read STO/CO disconnection in tech forum. From what I have read the problem is with the host of the servers cogentco.
  • failedepicfailedepic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is now a month since the last message on this thread, I started playing the game yesterday and am experiencingthe exact same problem that you claimed to have been looking into a month ago, ive asked on zone chat and not many others are experiencing this issue, I know for a fact its not my internet connection as when my internet does have a problem it stops my music on youtube when i have it on, i currently don't have youtube running in the background and have had the same thing happen so this isn't the problem either. please help as I really am enjoying the game so far and it would be a shame to leave to have to spend another 2 days searching for another game. I've never had this problem on games prior to this and have played almost every decent MMO to date. thankyou and I hope you get in touch asap because I have done everything i can think of and nothing is helping.
  • valladin1974valladin1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same issue sometimes i can play for hours but most common is 15-20 mins then i get disconnected.I Like the game alot but this is starting to get to me.
  • inmazerinmazer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Played for the first time today and this is just ridiculous. I get disconnected or lose the connection to the server every 5 minutes or so. There is nothing wrong with my Internet connection so this problem is caused by the software. I see in the forum that this issue has been around for almost a year so I'm pretty much done with this game already. Get a grip guys. If you're gonna put this much effort into creating a great game and then ruin it by making it impossible to actually play it (you've had a year to fix this), you might as well find something better to spend your time on.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here... I don't remember having this issue 2 months ago... but starting around July-August 2014 I can barely even play.... I just upped to 50mbps on my ISP and try again to load but it is just disconnect after disconnect... so I KNOW that it is not a local thing. I ran 3 independant speed tests and manually renewed my ip address... still.... just... slow... ... Disconnected from sever