test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corrupt pig file crash

overflowanno1996overflowanno1996 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi I have been trying to play the game now for an hour, created 3 different chars and they all crash on the same place. Its just in the begining, I get the 1st quest, pick up all gear equip it and the start running up the hill then bam... Crash and I get an error saying Corrupt pig file. If I try to log in again I crashes on the loading screen with the same error. I tried restarting computer etc, no help. Please advise on what to do, thanks!
I'm not elitist. Why do you say that? Those guys are noobs compared to me
Post edited by overflowanno1996 on

Comments

• overflowanno1996overflowanno1996 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also tried to disable "On demand patching" it did not help it crashes om same place. File thats corrupt is Texture_Library/Environment"1_Interior_Kits/Nw_Castle_Crypt_01/Nw_Castle_Crypt_Props_Vase_Bench_01_S.Wtex
    edited April 2013
    Tried to empty the "Cache" folder same crash but the loading screen went to 100% before crashing instead of 50%
    edited April 2013
    Found the error log:

130425 19:54:15 16 Client[0 P[400001312@4363662 Harbard Starke@overflowanno1996]] ESC : Corrupt pig file detected\nRead failed for file: Texture_Library/Environment/1_Interior_Kits/Nw_Castle_Crypt_01/Nw_Castle_Crypt_Props_Vase_Bench_01_S.Wtex\n: Texture_Library/Environment/1_Interior_Kits/Nw_Castle_Crypt_01/Nw_Castle_Crypt_Props_Vase_Bench_01_S.Wtex:
    edited April 2013
    set all graphics to lowest possible. Now it works. I got the latest drivers for my Nvidia 570GTX tho so dunno why this happens but if I use Anisotropic filtering I get this crash
    edited April 2013
    What is this piece of s**t software? Now on level 3 I get to where I should travel to Dragon Bridge. Game crashes but this time it say the GameClient.exe has crashed...
    edited April 2013
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 51788fc0
    Fault Module Name: GameClient.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 51788fc0
    Exception Code: c0000094
    Exception Offset: 016a40dc
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    edited April 2013
    I have tried all the troubleshooting options, started launcher with force verify and set all options to lowest and I cant even get past the crash if I start game in safe mode. A bit of feedback would be nice I have given you a lot of information and at least an answer would be in order .

Addition info
    Win7 64bit
    i7 cpu
    570gtx gfx-card
  • humble48humble48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would be curious if you turned off AA in your video card within your OS. I found that my Catalyst drivers sometimes just suck with new games and it's best to make a profile that disables the AA entirely. Not sure if that would help but worth a shot.

Good luck.
    Humble
    "There are no problems, only solutions waiting to happen." - Me
    edited April 2013
    After many hours trying different things. submitting crashlogs and tickets I gave up and uninstalled. downloaded latest release over night and installed it tgis morning. so far it is now working so the patching aftwr bw4 (which I did not partixipate in) must have corrupted some files. It is pretty frustrating to not get any response from support when having paid over $ 300 besides missing out on 30% of my headstart...
  • bulletspammerbulletspammer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After many hours trying different things. submitting crashlogs and tickets I gave up and uninstalled. downloaded latest release over night and installed it tgis morning. so far it is now working so the patching aftwr bw4 (which I did not partixipate in) must have corrupted some files. It is pretty frustrating to not get any response from support when having paid over $ 300 besides missing out on 30% of my headstart...

I just deleted my Textures.hogg file, and now it seems to be re-patching after I disabled on demand patching (by this, I mean checked off).

She seems to be patching as we speak, I'll give you guys an update. I'm having the same problem with the texture file. My file was 1.4 gigs before deletion and patching. I wonder if this fixed it. 51% right now. I'll give you guys a heads up.