test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilettante Half Elf Racial Ability working?

karse2013karse2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dilettante: Grants +1 to a non-class Ability Score.

I was wondering when and how can I put this +1 to an ability score? I didnt saw anything during character creation of a Half-elf.
Post edited by karse2013 on

Comments

• karse2013karse2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No one had made a Half-elf?
  • il1kep1zzail1kep1zza Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had this question in the Beta weekends. The answer I received was that you don't get to pick what stat dilettante applies to. The game picks it for you. There was a thread on this in BW4, but I can't find it now.
  • karse2013karse2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm I see. Anyhow none of my none class abilities had received the +1 yet.
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    il1kep1zza wrote: »
    I had this question in the Beta weekends. The answer I received was that you don't get to pick what stat dilettante applies to. The game picks it for you. There was a thread on this in BW4, but I can't find it now.

Im curious about this also. I did not get any option to add scores when i made my cleric and i ended up with this:
    Strength 15
    Con. 12
    Dex. 12
    Int. 11 (which is the one i would have chosen to increase)
    wis. 15
    Chr. 15
  • furtimusfurtimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im curious about this also. I did not get any option to add scores when i made my cleric and i ended up with this:
    Strength 15
    Con. 12
    Dex. 12
    Int. 11 (which is the one i would have chosen to increase)
    wis. 15
    Chr. 15

You give +1 automatic. so if you make another race not half elf your con, dex is 11 int is 10.
  • leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    furtimus by the description it give +1 to ONE non-class ability score and not to all of them.
    edited April 2013
    yeah I chose the stats array Wis 16 Str 16 Cha 12 Int 11 Con 10 Dex 10
    Those are base stats, the normal array for any race of the Cleric class. The Int 11 is part of the base array.

Then I added the races stats which I chose Con and Cha to end up with Wis 16 Str 16 Cha 14 Int 11 Con 12 Dex 10.
    So I still dont have the +1 to the none class ability which would be in either Int Con or Dex. I was trying to get Con 13 if I could choose where to put it.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I don't play mongrels.
    edited April 2013
    Mongrels? Not sure what that suppose to mean but there arent any really good race that goes well with Devoted Cleric. Half-elf is probably one of the best so far.
  • furtimusfurtimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leisses wrote: »
    furtimus by the description it give +1 to ONE non-class ability score and not to all of them.

I dont have Hero pack so i don't know now how work but in beta3 added ALL non class +1 not one.
    edited April 2013
    On beta 3 i create one half elf devoted cleric this stats:

wis: 20 = 18+2
    str: 13 =13+0
    cha: 13 = 13+0

int: 11 =10+1
    con: 11 = 8+2+1
    dex: 11 = 10+1

so added +1 all non class automatic.
    This is the secondary possible roll. NW wiki
    rolls.
    edited April 2013
    Oh well. I deleted my Half-elf until they fix that problem.
  • fadeherosfadeheros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Dwarf with a +2 Con and +2 Wis get exactly the same stats then a half-elf with the same bonus,

So no Dilettante is not working atm.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a Half-Elf Cleric. It seems to be working for me. I got a +2 Con, +2 Wis, and +1 Int.
This discussion has been closed.