test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open Beta Question: Please Answer

therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay, I'm confused about something here. I spent $200 on a Hero Of The North Pack, which includes a head start benefit and have been getting E-mails about that starting today. That's straightforward. I'm also reading that what's starting today (with the head start) is actually Open Beta.

What I want to know is if this is a game that like many other FTP MMOs will never leave Beta status (with the arguement that a game is never truely "done" and thus always in beta while it's alive), and this is launch, or if there are going to be character wipes and such after this for an official launch down the road once Open Beta ends.

I say this because while I tested (both Alpha and Closed Beta) I backed off so as to not ruin the entire game before release. I do not want to jump into this right now, advance to 60, spend time grinding all my loot and getting things how I want them, just to have a wipe in a couple of months.

Some (official) clarification on this would be nice, if it's been posted somewhere I unfortunatly missed it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There will be no more character wipes. This is a soft launch.

I would quote an official source but I'm way too lazy to search for you.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I don' think anyone can answer that.
  • blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There will be no more character wipes. From what I remember it's in the Extended FAQ.
    10qkinm.png
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is no more wipe.
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This be launch. There will be no character wipes. It has been posted many times by the green and red GMs.
  • sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1. There will be no further wipes.
    2. It has been confirmed by a forum red that this game will reach release by "Early 2013". I read this as "before July 1, 2013".
    3. If Cryptic's track record with other releases is any indication, they will release their first major content update with the "release", which should include the Scourge Warlock and the Archer Ranger.
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, well I haven't been able to find much in the way of official confirmation, but it seems a lot of people have referanced the annoucements. I guess I'll give it a shot when it goes up and see what happens. I checked the Extended Faq, and while I might have missed it, it doesn't seem to mention that there will not be a wipe.
  • captyvcaptyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?117801-Neverwinter-Open-Beta-begins-April-30-2013!
    Hero of the North Founder's Pack: Five-day early access - play on April 25th!
    Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: Three-day early access - play on April 27th.
    Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    no more wipes ?

is there a charmin shortage ? I knew when Mr Whipple died we would have problems :(