test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want Some Zen?: Buying Claimed Names

kusakabeikusakabei Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Fail post is Fail thank you for the information ^.^ even though it now smells like troll in here, time to step out for a breather and some StarBucks.

It's a pleasure meeting most of you...

I look forward to slipping my dagger into the base of your skulls as you cross into the shadows in the darker places of the world, when you expect it most I will see you but you will not see me.
Post edited by kusakabei on

Comments

• xalgnixalgni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Umm... I think this game uses an name@handle naming system that allows characters to have the same name
  • berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Somebody didn't read the FAQ... :D
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Names aren't unique. You can have any name you want, even if someone else has it. Guild names are unique however.
  • casimyrtvcasimyrtv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    The level of fail in this post amazes me.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For your next character, I suggest roleplaying someone who reads the FAQ. ;)
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol, I'll do it bro! tee hee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kusakabeikusakabei Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^_~ The trolls are out in packs today I see and yes it's an old habit I simply dive in on day one full new experience is more enjoyable in my opinion. I don't play beta, or read what is possibly outdated FAQs and things of that nature. If the naming isn't unique well.. it will take away some of that aspect for me but just as well.

On a side note, where do you flag that Hero of the North title after having purchased the pack?
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Xalgni is right, no one can take your name away from you. The @handle is what makes you char unique. For example, everyone could name his char bob. In the chat you would simply see bob@kusakabei, or bob@aetam, etc. Over the character head it would display in both cases simply bob.

Thats actually pretty nice for RP. There is no real reason for a name to be unique. Also it limits stupid names a little bit because everyone can pick his favorite name and does not have to improvise.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • malagarrmalagarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    For your next character, I suggest roleplaying someone who reads the FAQ. ;)

This made me laugh.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kusakabei wrote: »
    ^_~ The trolls are out in packs today I see and yes it's an old habit I simply dive in on day one full new experience is more enjoyable in my opinion. I don't play beta, or read what is possibly outdated FAQs and things of that nature. If the naming isn't unique well.. it will take away some of that aspect for me but just as well.

On a side note, where do you flag that Hero of the North title after having purchased the pack?

Hit your User CP button at top of forums. Go to the permissions tab on the left hand side and click it. Then you will see the option to activate forum title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kusakabei wrote: »

Relog into the forum. Go to User CP above the forum and below the banner. Click it. On the left side there will be permissions group. Go there. There will be your titles in there to select.

Enjoy.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP is the very reason I am ecstatic about Cryptic naming conventions. I just wish more MMO devs had the good sense to do it.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • kusakabeikusakabei Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah.. unfortunately my handle was never suppose to have an i in it and the moment it was done PWE said it can never be changed. That will annoy the hell out of me -_-
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I will allow you to use any name for the prices of 2000 zen. :P
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now then, let's talk about the 147 guild names I will have for sale on the 30th...

:p