test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ending time and date for Open Beta

sonictribladesonictriblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've searched high and low for details regarding OB's ending time and date and nothing.
So, does any1 here know if the server's will be available until launch with a few downtimes (Smashing bugs and applying patches) or OB will be over 60 hours starting from 30th April?

Thanks in advance =)
Post edited by sonictriblade on

Comments

• Options
    jd0ggjd0gg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open beta is the soft launch of the game. Once it begins Cryptic considers the game "LIVE" even if they will not call it "RELEASED" until some time after April 30th (no date known).
    JDogg, Original Gamester
    All Out Assault
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    What jd0gg said :)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open Beta is it.

-say something in low voice about how many more of this thread do we got go thought-
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It wouldn't be surprising if OBT lasts for up to a month, or at least a couple of weeks followed by a few days / a wekk or so of total server maintenance and then the "actual" launch afterwards. Assuming they still want to tweak things after OBT.
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They might just not really ever officially launch like Path of Exile.
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I took the blue explosion ending.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be surprising if OBT lasts for up to a month, or at least a couple of weeks followed by a few days / a wekk or so of total server maintenance and then the "actual" launch afterwards. Assuming they still want to tweak things after OBT.

Most F2P "open betas" last for years. Why? So they can say they are still in beta when they get any sort of bad press. It's all PR nonsense, and it confuses me how people still haven't figured it out.

Just watch how all the apologist fanbois use the "it's still in beta" excuse when anything doesn't work as you'd expect for a launch title. It's appalling how dumb people can be and how willingly they are used as tools.

The 30th is launch, not open beta.
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Most F2P "open betas" last for years. Why? So they can say they are still in beta when they get any sort of bad press. It's all PR nonsense. The 30th is effectively launch, not open beta.

True. Like Firefall. Although the game is pretty much finished, they still couldn't figure out what to do to keep people interested for more than 3 hours, so it's beta until the end of time or until they do figure out.
  • Options
    theskymootheskymoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    I've searched high and low for details regarding OB's ending time and date and nothing.
    So, does any1 here know if the server's will be available until launch with a few downtimes (Smashing bugs and applying patches) or OB will be over 60 hours starting from 30th April?

Thanks in advance =)

Remember that all characters will be wiped when the game moves from OB to launch...
  • Options
    berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    theskymoo wrote: »
    Remember that all characters will be wiped when the game moves from OB to launch...

Nope they don't.
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    WoW was the 1st MMO.
  • Options
    blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm sure I read somewhere (Extended FAQ?) that this won't be the case.
    10qkinm.png
  • Options
    samygentsamygent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013

and zen points reset to 0 :p
  • Options
    blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    WoW was the 1st MMO.

Oh really?

Ultima Online.
    Asherons Call.
    Everquest.
    Anarchy Online.
    Star Wars Galaxies.

This is just a short list of MMOs that were out years before WoW even went into Alpha.

Chew on that, troll.
    10qkinm.png
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    blasph3m3 wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere (Extended FAQ?) that this won't be the case.

It's not the case, the game is essentially launched on the 30th, with early access starting today.

Characters will not be wiped, and the game will probably never "officially" be declared launched.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Open Beta is it.

-say something in low voice about how many more of this thread do we got go thought-

I think people are just trolling out of boredom, surely they can't all be serious.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh really?

Ultima Online.
    Asherons Call.
    Everquest.
    Anarchy Online.
    Star Wars Galaxies.

This is just a short list of MMOs that were out years before WoW even went into Alpha.

Chew on that, troll.

You forgot DaoC
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    Oh really?

Ultima Online.
    Asherons Call.
    Everquest.
    Anarchy Online.
    Star Wars Galaxies.

Chew on that, troll.

I think s/he was being ironic/sarcastic.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dantos wrote: »
    I think s/he was being ironic/sarcastic.

Who, me ?! Naaaah.
  • Options
    theskymootheskymoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013

Thanks in advance =)
    samygent wrote: »
    and zen points reset to 0 :p

All AD and bags are removed from accounts who bought Founders Packs after official launch too...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    Who, me ?! Naaaah.

I did think once or twice after looking at your name, Chromag... just sayin...