test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Archer Ranger or Two Blade Ranger.....Looks like the community spoke

zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383076/page/1

Poll over at mmorpg.com and even though its a small sample size (48 at last count) nearly 90% of the community is in favor of the Ranger Archer getting released first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Character is what a man is in the dark
Post edited by zylaxx on

Comments

• darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    i would like to see a Necromancer or Warlock :)
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Id rather have a psionic or another arcane class next
  • jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited April 2013
    I am hoping they put in all 4e classes. They all look like fun! My tops would be Archer, Bard, Necro.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I personally would prefer a melee ranger, just because there is no dual wield ginsu build out there. I know the rogue, I am talking about an in your face I am going in with blades flying and coming out with limbs flying kind of class. I also think if the Warlock comes in as a ranged striker, they may want to do the ranger as a melee first. Whatever way it turns out, I just hope it is done well and balanced. Personally I would be OK with a ranged / melee hybrid. That would be pretty awesome class to open with range then close to melee for the big damage.
  • elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I think we have enough melee already, and would rather see an Archer come before the Melee ranger.

What is Psionics like in 4e? I've never seen a D&D PC game use Psionics, I think it would be great.
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    darvien19 wrote: »
    I'd rather have a psionic or another arcane class next

I'm with you both here, but if we must have a Ranger, I'd rather it be an Archer. On second thought, can it be an Archer that also has traps? :cool:

This is the main 4th edition classes...
    Woah... can I have all the Controllers implemented first, please?! ;)
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We need a archer class, but I would rather have a melee ranger myself. I would actually play it... maybe.. I don't know I'm going to bed...

Just ignore above.
    edited April 2013
    Shadow, primal and psionic power source class needs to be added to balance things out ;>
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    There are 3 melee and 1 healer and 1 caster right now. The last thing the game needs at the moment is another melee.
  • gogolirngogolirn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Another Striker is needed. and for that who better than two blade ranger to celebrate menzoberrazan race.
    drizzt fans would appreciate.
  • neverasherneverasher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's probably going to be two-blade ranger first, archery down the road; possibly after the 60 days when they release drow(to unleash the drizzt clones). They have said the class was their favorite for many of the devs, and this ranger archetype is just the thing that fits that. Two-Blade Ranger also being one of the best strikers in 4e, seems odd not to have that in the game first.
    2uhmn1l.jpg
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neverasher wrote: »
    It's probably going to be two-blade ranger first, archery down the road; possibly after the 60 days when they release drow(to unleash the drizzt clones). They have said the class was their favorite for many of the devs, and this ranger archetype is just the thing that fits that. Two-Blade Ranger also being one of the best strikers in 4e, seems odd not to have that in the game first.

I'm with you. At the moment, I plan on launching with GWF. But, I will definitely roll a melee ranger as soon as its available. An Archer Ranger is not my thing. I know alot of people like it. So, I'm not completely against it coming out. Its just, if the warlock is releasing with or shortly after. That would make it 3 range dps (one being controller) and 2 melee dps? If we get the 2 blade ranger and warlock, we will have a perfect balance.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    There are 3 melee and 1 healer and 1 caster right now. The last thing the game needs at the moment is another melee.

Well, the game has 1 striker (TR), 2 defenders (GF, GWF), 1 controller (CW) and 1 leader (DC). Any striker would be a good addition, melee or otherwise. I agree, though, an archer would be an ideal addition, since it's both ranged and not a caster. Personally, I'd love to see a caster striker like the sorcerer, though I would also be thrilled with a monk or, yes, an archer.

But I'm happy as a kitten with the game as is, and by the time I have leveled up all of the 5 classes, new classes have either been released or are around the corner. :p
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Necromancer would be cool.
    Two-Blade Ranger is too close to Trickster Rogue. Archer Ranger is the better choice.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    darvien19 wrote: »

I second this.
  • sebokansebokan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm also in favor of this : )
  • jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    In my opinion 2 blade ranger are too close from trickster rogue. I dont thinke they willl implement other martial striker with no heavy armor and using 2 blades. Better put a Pet Ranger or / and an Archer Ranger.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the wording of this post is misleading...

I can make a post saying Gloom Warlock or Necromancer.... and use the results of that to say " Looks like the Community Spoke "....

Should add more choices to a poll before using that as a basis for Community wishes.
  • archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Id rather have a psionic or another arcane class next

You make me sick... JK, JK.

But seriously we already HAVE an arcane class and while I would love to see a psionic class just turning swarms of agro against themselves I think that a ranger is the better choice for the next class. We see archers running around throughout the entire game, yet we cant actually BE one. That's fairly irritating.
    edited May 2013
    neverasher wrote: »

I really hope not, we already have a trickster rogue so for the love of god the last thing we need is a another melee striker. The most logical choice is a archer to balance everything out.
    edited May 2013
    I'm with you. At the moment, I plan on launching with GWF. But, I will definitely roll a melee ranger as soon as its available. An Archer Ranger is not my thing. I know alot of people like it. So, I'm not completely against it coming out. Its just, if the warlock is releasing with or shortly after. That would make it 3 range dps (one being controller) and 2 melee dps? If we get the 2 blade ranger and warlock, we will have a perfect balance.

I have to disagree with you there, I think it should definitely be the archer. With the addition of the warlock that will make two ranged strikers (There is no way in hell that the control wizard counts as DPS) and two melee strikers (Trickster rogue and Great weapons fighter. Hopefully the great weapons fighter will be less sucky and actually be decent at what its supposed to do when this comes out).
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a feeling that instead of going for all of the classes of 4e they may end up adding similar classes as paragon trees that change the class. IE we have swordmaster for GWF, perhaps they will add a barbarian tree instead of adding the barbarian class, or something along those lines. Similar for if they add a ranger, it might have a secondary tree that allows you to do the in your face melee without the ranged roles. Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully?

I'd rather have more customizability on single classes than 20 different classes with a single role and viable spec.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I sure hope its a Ranger Archer. I keep trying to get my brother to play and he's holding off till the drow and a new class comes out.
  • razorjack156razorjack156 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger archer or an arcane striker is what I would prefer, we already have an overabundance of melee. The ranger melee would be too much like the TR. If we must have another melee, I would prefer monk. Kickers and punchers would be something different.