test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q: GF Block keybind

bizi974bizi974 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey,
was wondering, is it possible to map the block ability to the right mouse button?
If so, what happens to the right button skill that appears while block is up?
Thanks!
Post edited by bizi974 on

Comments

• erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I believe the block mechanic is called the "Utility Power" and you can remap that. The attack on your right button is then unbound and you must assign a new keybinding to it.
  • cerek2cerek2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    I think I sprained my left pinky finger from using the "shift" key to block on my Guardian fighter.

I don't blame you for remapping it, I ended up doing the same thing.
  • kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Changing the keybind to a mousekey is especially useful for cleric, mage, and rogue as using the utility with a directional is key to their survival. Trying to hit shift and a directional arrow simultaneously is not very effective.

Another important key to change up imo is the Push to Talk.
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    Interesting. So what is good to use as the second at-will?
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I love being left-handed when it comes to keybinds. Use my thumb on the arrow keys for movement and have 24 or so keys to press without moving my hand at all (alt and ctrl bound to mouse).
  • warcry41warcry41 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I mapped my Block to middle mouse button and it worked very well. Had my 2 at-wills on left and right mouse button, and block on middle.
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    What about multi-button mice (i.e. MMO mice and such)? I assume we can bind block/shift to one of my mice buttons? I don't actually have a Naga or a G600, but I do have a mouse with multiple buttons.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a 5-button mouse, and was able to bind commands to buttons 4 and 5.

One thing to watch out for is that if you have custom mouse button mappings for general Windows use, you might need to create an app profile for the Neverwinter client (GameClient.exe) with the default button mappings so that the game can recognize them properly.
  • leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Razer Nostromo + Razer Naga ftw! ;D
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    taeryl wrote: »
    What about multi-button mice (i.e. MMO mice and such)?

The 12 side buttons of the Naga equal the NumPad keys, so those definitely work for re-binding. It's very lovely. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • snorri30snorri30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The 12 side buttons of the Naga equal the NumPad keys, so those definitely work for re-binding. It's very lovely. :)

totally agree, razer mice are so cool ;)
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    kaelon79 wrote: »
    Changing the keybind to a mousekey is especially useful for cleric, mage, and rogue as using the utility with a directional is key to their survival. Trying to hit shift and a directional arrow simultaneously is not very effective.

Another important key to change up imo is the Push to Talk.

double tab move makes activates dodge for dodge classes.
  • themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »

Naga is the best dps investment I ever made.
    In my WoW days when I went from clicking to mouse keybinds my dps increased by 10-15%

For Neverwinter, I have my encounters mapped to NUM 1,2,3 my dailies to NUM 4,6, and my tab ability to NUM 5.

For your roll/shift/teleport ability, you just have to smash a direction ability twice, so I never hit shift, unless I was blocking.
  • oceaneqtoceaneqt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leomutreta wrote: »
    Razer Nostromo + Razer Naga ftw! ;D

Indeed. /10char
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I always map block/dodge/sprint/jump to side buttons on my mouse. Works great.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi