test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Illusion Items

enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
From an RP standpoint having lets say a mask that allows the illusion of another race is always a lot of fun. It of course can be purely cosmetic.

I had back in Everquest an item on my Wood Elf called, "Mask of Deception". It allowed me to have the illusion of a Dark Elf. To everyone in my groups I was a Dark Elf but in reality I was not. I could raise faction with the ebony evil elves and infiltrate their city. I also had a Dark Elf Assassin in EQ2 with similar items. They were Petrified Eyes that used a spell component and gave a racial illusion with a set duration.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by enderlin50 on

Comments

• Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    make it a zen item, c'mon i'll bet you'd sell a ton of those
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    make it a zen item, c'mon i'll bet you'd sell a ton of those

Oh yeah! The item can have a cooldown, you can have single use versions to buy and purple quality that has unlimited. Easy money makers.

This can also extend outside the races that are playable if the game chooses. Illusions of Orc, Gnoll, Goblin, Undead, ect..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They have similar items in Champions Online and Star Trek Online. If the core of the game engine is the same, it should be possible.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This is true. I remember an item in Champions that allowed me to transform into a Djinn and one a Vampire. With those you got a transformation and new powers for the duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ervoniservonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love you. Just based on Everquest and the Mask of Deception. I am pretty sure that was my favorite item in the entire game.

I think if this was ever implemented, they would be in the zStore. I think I'd buy them too. :)
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ervonis wrote: »
    I love you. Just based on Everquest and the Mask of Deception. I am pretty sure that was my favorite item in the entire game.

I think if this was ever implemented, they would be in the zStore. I think I'd buy them too. :)

Me too =) is a good idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Illusion items and journeyman boots
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    Illusion items and journeyman boots

And call them "J Boots" :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mythologicamythologica Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sounds like a cool idea.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have another suggestion why they don't make an event : Invite friend to win a pack
    and this pack content something useful in game :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]