test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't even sleep well this week O;o so excited !!

ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure about you guys but I am so excited about Thursday !!!!! I can not even sleep well lol.

If you like lore this is a great game for any true lore seeker. Dungeons and Dragons has vast amounts of fantasy documentation and lore with regard to its monsters, deities and races of beings thriving throughout it's worlds and realms.

Getting close now and I took Thursday and Friday OFF to break ground with my Exiled Drow !! Hopefully :D hope to see ya out there.

I feel very lucky to be alive during the development of such truly awe inspiring fantasy PC games.

See ya all out there :D go HEROS we shall meet on the battlefields soon!!!
Post edited by ronsonjon on

Comments

• paignio328paignio328 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hang in there!! i feel ya:D!
    250px-Mithril-hall.jpg

Mithral Hall is recruiting
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm I the only one who is surprised by the fact that when downloading the game and patching you end up with a 4GB of total files? Usually MMO's take up between 20 and 40GB of space.
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daxtax86, you need to go to "options" on the patcher and check the box to "disable on demand patching" to get the patcher to download all the files before you play the game, otherwise you'll be downloading them as you play.

- Yes I'm excited now too. Nearly 24hrs left until the game is open beta for us HOTN players!
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    My folder is 6 Go, but you do have a point.
    And yes, I did the disable patching on demand thing.
  • malkavianitemalkavianite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe your sleeping issues are due to you playing an elf *LOLbadD&DjokeLOL*
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    /sigh..... I wish I could still get that excited for a MMO, I was like that with EQ, I remember reading everything I could get my hands on about it and how I poured over the lore section of the book that came with the original box. Same way with Asherons call. Now I'm mildly interested. Hold on to that excitement, I just hope that one day a MMO will come along to bring it back for me.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    I'm still on the fence about the HotN pack... I'll be out of town for a week starting on the 27th, so if I pick up the HotN i'd only be able to play Thursday and Friday night,and would not be able to play again until the 4th... If I don't pick up the pack, I won't be able to play at all until the 4th. The main thing stopping me from getting the HotN is the Spider mount. I would rather have almost any other mount than the Spider one.
  • berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    taeryl wrote: »
    I'm still on the fence about the HotN pack... I'll be out of town for a week starting on the 27th, so if I pick up the HotN i'd only be able to play Thursday and Friday night,and would not be able to play again until the 4th... If I don't pick up the pack, I won't be able to play at all until the 4th. The main thing stopping me from getting the HotN is the Spider mount. I would rather have almost any other mount than the Spider one.

Sooo... why don't you go for the 60 bucks Guardian pack instead? You get to start playing on the 27th and get a battle-clad horsie and no yucky spider!
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Sooo... why don't you go for the 60 bucks Guardian pack instead? You get to start playing on the 27th and get a battle-clad horsie and no yucky spider!

I'm leaning towards the Guardian pack, but won't be able to play on the 27th since I will be out of town for a week (leaving that morning). If I don't get the HotN, I will probably get the Guardian just for the goodies since the head start won't help me.
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    daxtax86, you need to go to "options" on the patcher and check the box to "disable on demand patching" to get the patcher to download all the files before you play the game, otherwise you'll be downloading them as you play.

- Yes I'm excited now too. Nearly 24hrs left until the game is open beta for us HOTN players!

Thanks for the tip, however this only downloads an extra ~2GB - so in total we're around 6GB, which is still, at least to me, unbelieveably low for a full MMO.
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86