test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Featured

krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
How are they gonna do the featured? Are they gonna have contests each week and winners get featured? Or are they gonna choose random quests that they happen to play and like and feature them?

Featured is a big thing. It puts your quest at the top of the list and highlights it in red. You get thousands of plays on your featured quest whereas a normal non-featured quest might get like 20 plays if your lucky.

My goal as a quest maker for the foundry is to get a quest featured. Maybe I will get lucky one day.
Post edited by krubar on

Comments

• Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You have to submit your quest for featuring, and Crypic picks from those.
  • Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    Amount of hits the quest gets? the rating they receive?

Would hope it would be one of those at least..

Iwish you much luck on your endevour:)
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure, I published my first quest in time for bw4 clicked the "submit to cryptic" button and low and behold, the quest was featured for that weekend and it had very little hits and or ratings, as it was newly posted I think I just got lucky from maybe a random pick from those that requested they be considered. I suspect, or hope, cryptic plays them out and or have some other criteria for selecting featured quests.

I too would really like to know what the considerations are.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

Ya i knew about the submit to cryptic button and I submitted five quests and none of mine was featured. Probably not good enough. :( My quests was just put together and made to work without errors and added in some encounters, and a little detail. My quests still needs lots of detail and more stuff added to them but I just did not have time.

Grats to those that got featured but ya, I would like to know how they are selecting the quests. When the game has been in open beta for a few weeks, there will be lots of quests submitted for featuring and is cryptic going to go through all the quests and pick a few for featuring? Unlikely.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think Cryptic looked at submitted quests vs non-submitted in the closed beta. A Hidden Blade was featured despite me not doing anything except publishing it.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You'll always be featured in my eyes Krubar!

LOL I couldn't imagine getting featured... me head would blow up and explode!!!!! Or I would go to the bar being so excited I would fill up and explode... either way this featured thing maybe bad for me! lol
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    let me try to clear this up a little.
    Please keep in mind that this is the current guideline for featured quest and not the rules. The process for how a quest gets featured is likely to evolve with the needs of the game and the community.

The criteria for having your quest be available for Cryptic to Feature.
    1. Submit the quest for featuring (please note: there is no guarantee that a quest submitted for featuring will become a featured quest)

Generally we will not be featuring quests that are not submitted for featuring. That's not to say that we wont contact an author that has an amazing quest and ask them to please submit it for featuring.

How a quest can be picked for featuring (this is not a complete list or meant to be the only list. These are things that are considered. This list can change or be updated at any time)
    • The community votes, promotes and/or makes recommendations
    • We play the quests and make recommendations
    • Positive reviews in game and in the forums
    • Doesn't violate terms of use
    • Good ratings
    • Plays
    • A host of other things not listed here

What it comes down to is showing off the totally awesome stuff the authors make. It is a treat to be able to play such unique content and there are times that our authors deserve some time in the spotlight. My take on it, as a fan of Foundry, if I am playing a Foundry quest and it is cool or blows my mind, i'll recommend it for featuring. I'll tell the devs "HEY check this out!!" and let them know just how great the quest is.

There is no magic to it. Featured Foundry is meant to be a way to highlight the work our authors do. It's fans of the Foundry and it's Authors telling everyone in the game that there is some pretty awesome stuff they should be playing.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    let me try to clear this up a little.
    Please keep in mind that this is the current guideline for featured quest and not the rules. The process for how a quest gets featured is likely to evolve with the needs of the game and the community.

The criteria for having your quest be available for Cryptic to Feature.
    1. Submit the quest for featuring (please note: there is no guarantee that a quest submitted for featuring will become a featured quest)

Generally we will not be featuring quests that are not submitted for featuring. That's not to say that we wont contact an author that has an amazing quest and ask them to please submit it for featuring.

How a quest can be picked for featuring (this is not a complete list or meant to be the only list. These are things that are considered. This list can change or be updated at any time)
    • The community votes, promotes and/or makes recommendations
    • We play the quests and make recommendations
    • Positive reviews in game and in the forums
    • Doesn't violate terms of use
    • Good ratings
    • Plays
    • A host of other things not listed here

What it comes down to is showing off the totally awesome stuff the authors make. It is a treat to be able to play such unique content and there are times that our authors deserve some time in the spotlight. My take on it, as a fan of Foundry, if I am playing a Foundry quest and it is cool or blows my mind, i'll recommend it for featuring. I'll tell the devs "HEY check this out!!" and let them know just how great the quest is.

There is no magic to it. Featured Foundry is meant to be a way to highlight the work our authors do. It's fans of the Foundry and it's Authors telling everyone in the game that there is some pretty awesome stuff they should be playing.

Thanks for clarification. will add it to next part of my manual.
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thanks badbotlimit. :P
  • Options
    kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for clarification on how you look at it, this has given a better understanding of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • Options
    marzipanikmarzipanik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for the info, badbot! ;)
    RookBannerFinal_zpsc8b09fb3.png