test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP: give me a breakdown

lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
I enjoyed PvP during BW3 and BW4, up to around level 30 or so. However I have some questions about the mechanics.

1. Do glory points increase in quantity (per average match) as you level? Some of the prices for PvP gear during BW4 were way out of line unless the points ramp up significantly.

2. How does the engine measure your success; does it take your class into consideration? i.e. Clerics get top rewards for amount healed, GF's get top rewards for damage tanked, and so on? Or does it simply count how many kills you got?

3. I finished several matches with a blue gear reward. However, they were all different class gear, I was able to use none of them (although I could have sold them on the AH). I'm guessing that was just bad luck? Has anyone had a similar experience?
Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
Post edited by lucienirenicus on

Comments

• ghoward96ghoward96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1. Is something i don't know, another will answer it i am sure....
    2. Tell me of one game that currently measures only killing blows..... not even wow does that....
    3. Didn't play enough to know that. Another person can answer it though...
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    By the time I was 35 I already had over 5k glory, so it won't really take that long to get the gear if all you do is pvp. You can't expect to get the best gear possible without doing a ton of pvp.

I remember one match where the other team had a thief that just kept stealing points, and he ended up with like 2 kills and 10+ deaths, but because he kept stealing points over and over, he ended up having a nice 2000+ lead compared to the #2 person on the list. It's not so much about killing and healing outside the point than it is about capturing points and fighting/healing at the point so you get the bonuses when fighting/healing at the point.

I was a CW and I think out of the dozens and dozens of blue items that I've got, I was able to use 1 of them. Even the green ones weren't for CW either. I wish they'd just give you something for your class, but at least you'll have enough blues to sell on the AH for other people and end up with money to buy the stuff you actually want/need.
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can PVE earned gear be used in pvp and vice versa?
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    Can PVE earned gear be used in pvp and vice versa?

Yes. Whether it's beneficial is another question (stats are weighed differently).
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thanks for answer!
  • lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    I remember one match where the other team had a thief that just kept stealing points, and he ended up with like 2 kills and 10+ deaths, but because he kept stealing points over and over, he ended up having a nice 2000+ lead compared to the #2 person on the list. It's not so much about killing and healing outside the point than it is about capturing points and fighting/healing at the point so you get the bonuses when fighting/healing at the point.

Ok, so, the Glory points and the rewards are measured by the match points you achieve, and not by things like DPS or HPS? If that's the case then you get better Glory at the end of the match by:

Capping a point (300)
    Killing an enemy player (50)
    Assisting in a kill (25)

What else? Winning the match as a team, I assume?
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Yes. Whether it's beneficial is another question (stats are weighed differently).

How do you mean stats are weighted differently?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]