test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A P2P Server idea?

najitonajito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys I saw few post about this game should be P2P n such so I dont know if such thing exists (probably does) but why not make another server for players who just wants P2P community? I dont know much about the hosting stuff so maybe this is a ridiculous idea ever but just thought about it and it sounded fair. So yeah..
Thus the blade is swung down-
Post edited by najito on

Comments

• bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Depends on the cost, but if I was to pay a subscription I would expect more than a server; I would want some kind of in game affect.

Like we can refine 30k ad a day or something.
    26.jpg
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Probably for the same reason why WoW doesn't have a F2P sever: It's a different business model. You can treat it like a P2P, though. Just assign a specific amount per month that you spend on the game, and buy with it what you like. There isn't actually all that much that you "need" to buy. Not that you need to buy anything, but for example extra bag space or more character slots would be good and permanent additions. The typical $60 one time + $15 a month that P2P MMOs usually take do buy you a lot of stuff in NW. In the long run, NW will be cheaper even if you buy stuff.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Perfect World Entertainment has no P2P games at all.

This is a free to play game company from China that opened up shop in the USA.

With a few exception all sub to play models are failing in the MMO market space. I don't see this game doing any P2P at all, even if it does it will cost zen and not a sub fee. Like 1500zen for a month of exp/gold/drop rate buffs.
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    This has been debated to death in another thread.
  • najitonajito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh! Sorry I didn't know there was a similiar topic. My bad.. Anyways, what you guys say are true ofcourse but what I meant was slightly different.(Bad english here.) I meant an "extra" server with sub-fee with few additions maybe/not? The point of the sub-fee is the community instead of the game. I guess It's a different marketing as you guys said and I'm dropping it. Thank you all^^
    Thus the blade is swung down-
  • zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    i think the best way to think about this is: dont consider the game as a F2P at the first place. just think it is P2P while how much to pay, how often to pay, what u pay for are all depends on u. u cant pay 0 per month or 100.
    if someone worried about those players pays a lot would over power other players, then play it as a subscription game and pay 15/month, that seems enough to make yourself as an over power.
  • zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    najito wrote: »
    The point of the sub-fee is the community instead of the game.

i personally have the opposite idea. a sub-fee game u need to pay otherwise would be locked out from the community. imagine if u are busy or travelling few month and come back and want to rejoin the community? pay first. this should be inconvenient. thats the most reason i left wow: when i dont want to play, i cant get the refund i already payed (which means paying for the time i dont want to play the game); and when i want to play, i need to pay first.

but with a F2P game, just freely leave and join the community whenever u want.