test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I found this on destructiod

mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vestinious1vestinious1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just brings back the 80's again with D&D is satanic <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :(
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Bah more free advertising. Remember how well this all worked against Marilyn Manson in the 90's? He thanks you (Pat) for all the millions he made, so keep on preacher man!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    His audience is people who weren't going to play the game anyway. Don't worry about it; he's entitled to his opinion.
  • aseconddrfaseconddrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pat robertson is a television personality. not elected and not appointed. his only (perceived) power base is dependent upon those who do or most nearly subscribe to his (publicly professed) principles and views. he may have a ministry in a church but ive only ever seen him on television sitting at a coffee table as opposed to standing behind a lectern. as such he may say what he will to promote buzz & viewership.

i say publicly professed since we have seen folks in the past who were exposed to have (sometimes racically) different principles from those expressed publicly.

no reason to hate. just making an honest buck. might even boost buzz for this game.
  • zefstarzefstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I better stop playing, this stuff is dangerous... will ruin my life.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pffftttt....

If he was serious he would have gone against Harry Potter or something. Just trying to dig up old controversies to get 2 second of unfame.
  • rkriderrkrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited April 2013
    You know, it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ike this that p*ss*ss me off! Just as soon as I'm done with my anger management session I'll call my probation officer and we'll have a good laugh over it!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've ridden through the deserts of Athas on a Horse made of Flame....
  • llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I married a highly religious woman who graduated from Regent University because her mom was a huge Pat Robertson fanatic. She likes this game and all the characters I have played so far. And wants to make a character for D&D. I would say that what Pat says is his own opinion and the smarter droves will make their own opinion and not base it off his.
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG! Does this really happen? Will I go to Hell? What if I just play a Cleric? Will that be OK?

This is so ridiculous. I think the only reason I didn't kill myself in high school was the thrill of playing D&D and waiting to see what was next. It's NOT satanic. It broadens your mind. It doesn't destroy it. It's a little thing called imagination. I know what is and isn't real and in my mind. Like that kobold over here. His name is Meepo and he likes cheese. :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guess I won't be going to heaven when I die. At least I can relax knowing that a couple of demons will be playing some DnD with me.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG! Does this really happen? Will I go to Hell? What if I just play a Cleric? Will that be OK?

This is so ridiculous. I think the only reason I didn't kill myself in high school was the thrill of playing D&D and waiting to see what was next. It's NOT satanic. It broadens your mind. It doesn't destroy it. It's a little thing called imagination. I know what is and isn't real and in my mind. Like that kobold over here. His name is Meepo and he likes cheese. :cool:

Very well said. I was terribly introverted in HS because my step-dad murdered a fricking horse by whipping it to death (it took awhile) and had made me watch, so I was in a bad place to say the least. Some guys pulling me into playing DnD in HS really helped me open up. I loved the idea of the game, couldn't seem to make myself speak so I'd write down what I did at first, but eventually my urge to participate in that game really saved me from myself.

All my life I've heard people belittle DnD and other RPGs. When I've asked them, "Have you ever played it?" And they always reply, "No way!" I just tel them, "Well then, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, as usual." and go on about my way. People like that, held-captive by their own small minds, have no idea of the wealth of wonder and amazement they're missing out on. I feel bad for them, I really do.
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I am so tired of this, I am getting old and I remember when they were saying it about the books back in the day- sheesh - they whine more about gamers than rl weapons.
    TY platinu for the testimonial- I remember being part of a crazy church that convinced us that it was so aweful and I spent a couple years 'afraid' of D&D gamers - :rolleyes: seems so lame - fear mongers are people with too much fear of their own.
  • aeldiraaeldira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29
    edited April 2013
    Don't burn me... (yeah... bad pun... i know)
    but i think the article blew the whole thing out of proportion.

Reading it i expected to see a fanatic giving some kind of hate speech against RPGs and video games. But watching the video, all i saw was a religious man answering a question he was asked *shrugs*
    Now, i don't know who that guy is, what his beef with karate and second hand sweaters is, and what else he has done. But he presented his opinion in a calm way, and his words are not completely unfounded. I too have seen DnD and other games "destroy peoples lives" and i am sure many of you have seen similar things.
    I also don't think we should jump at the guy for using religious metaphors... i've referred to things as demonic before, without trying to imply the involvement of actual demons *grins*

I guess what i am trying to say is, don't even glance at your pitchforks. The man has a right to state his opinion, even on TV, and he did so in a very civilized manner.
    Just my 4 cents, keep the change.

Now if you'd excuse me, i have to go cast some occult magic......
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bah it cant be evil. I sacrificed two goats, a three legged cat, and one malnourished orphan. Just so the voices in the smoke would tell me i'm being good.

People are just being silly.
  • jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just dont show him the old succubus picture or he'll have a stroke! lol

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    aeldira wrote: »

Reading it i expected to see a fanatic giving some kind of hate speech against RPGs and video games. But watching the video, all i saw was a religious man answering a question he was asked *shrugs*
    Now, i don't know who that guy is, what his beef with karate and second hand sweaters is, and what else he has done. But he presented his opinion in a calm way, and his words are not completely unfounded. I too have seen DnD and other games "destroy peoples lives" and i am sure many of you have seen similar things.
    I also don't think we should jump at the guy for using religious metaphors... i've referred to things as demonic before, without trying to imply the involvement of actual demons *grins*

I guess what i am trying to say is, don't even glance at your pitchforks. The man has a right to state his opinion, even on TV, and he did so in a very civilized manner.

WOW. Just wow. Way to go Troll. Guess you need to wander around youtube a bit and see the other HATE, yes full on bashing hate, about D&D and other games as well that this moron has made a living off of.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah it is sad, people that are afraid of their own shadows. They say the same things about IRL weapons, fear the person not the tool.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    aeldira wrote: »

Here troll some reading that confirms that D&D DOES destroy lives! http://getusedtodisappointment.com/2013/04/19/dd-destroys-lives-absolutely-true/
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Stay away from magic and the occult.

God uses magic.

I just broke religion.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thiagomagthiagomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    Totally need to make a Tiefling Control Wizard now...
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Here troll some reading that confirms that D&D DOES destroy lives! http://getusedtodisappointment.com/2013/04/19/dd-destroys-lives-absolutely-true/

onward marches Cohen the Barbarian

thats Pratchett btw
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • aeldiraaeldira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »

Thank you, that was quite an entertaining read... although i don't really see the relevance.
    As for learning more about "Pat". I could, but quite frankly... i don't think the guy is interesting enough.
    When i saw the article, i just felt the urge to comment on the fact that some of "us" instantly go to war when X says something against games. Not only do i think that's silly, but i also believe it makes the gaming community look "desperate"

I'm sorry if i misworded things and "offended" anyone... I'm not really good with words... or thoughts... or... you get the picture...