test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't choose between CW and TR!

najitonajito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Heya people

I havent played in any NW closed beta, I just watched the videos of the gameplay so I'll be attending to play next week. I know that choosing a class depends on my play style but since I havent actually 'tasted' them I wanted to ask you for an advice between those 2 classes. I like to play ranged and deal a high amount of damage on a single monster, evade the incoming attacks rather than taking them and I want these to be REALLY fast paced. Range is optional ofcourse. What I like about rouge is that they seem to be faster and deal more damage than a wizard but wizards attacks look (Yea I'm gonna say it) WAY COOLER *drolls* I couldnt see THAT MUCH damage difference at early levels..

So any suggestions?
Thus the blade is swung down-
Post edited by najito on

Comments

• Options
    finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Both are fantastic!!! Really depends on your playing style (close or long range).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, the CW can deal damage but they are not really a DPS class. The TR deals more damage, but has more limited ranged ability. So, make one of each, level up for a few hours and then pick one. If you don't like to play multiple characters then use the second one as extra storage and log it in every hour to Invoke and farm AD. And maybe a little extra crafting since that is done by hirelings and you don't need to stay logged in to craft.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If ranged is optional in your choices, than TR is what you are looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jkaplan92jkaplan92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    najito wrote: »
    Heya people

I havent played in any NW closed beta, I just watched the videos of the gameplay so I'll be attending to play next week. I know that choosing a class depends on my play style but since I havent actually 'tasted' them I wanted to ask you for an advice between those 2 classes. I like to play ranged and deal a high amount of damage on a single monster, evade the incoming attacks rather than taking them and I want these to be REALLY fast paced. Range is optional ofcourse. What I like about rouge is that they seem to be faster and deal more damage than a wizard but wizards attacks look (Yea I'm gonna say it) WAY COOLER *drolls* I couldnt see THAT MUCH damage difference at early levels..

So any suggestions?

Play rogue, CW is more about AOE damage and control.
  • Options
    najitonajito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great! So I'll probably make Rouge as main and CW as a secondary to play when bored.(And for crafting as silvergryph said) Thanks!
    Thus the blade is swung down-
  • Options
    bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in dungeons, you will do more overall damage as a CW with his aoe, and you also have the benefits of CC, for PVP, TR is the better "herpderp 1v1" class
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    in dungeons, you will do more overall damage as a CW with his aoe, and you also have the benefits of CC, for PVP, TR is the better "herpderp 1v1" class

I see, well I'm one of those herpderps and am very much interested in the 1v1 performance. Well as long as the class isn't annoying/boring to play as the downside for being good at 1v1.

Read all the whines about the rest of the classes and apparently clerics can't do damage, guardians are pretty much mediocre and great weapon wielders are bad. That leaves wizards and rogues as the go-to classes for pvp purposes, with the rogue being the best 1v1-er.