test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will there be raid sized dungeons? (sorry for wow reference)

shadowheartbryshadowheartbry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
just wondering if there will be any pve dungeon and pvp matchs that will consist of larger groups other than 5 on 5 and 5 man cells for dungeons, im just curious is all, i know large groups can take away some of the fun of small man teams in pvp due to 1 shot blow aways, or trains rolling over people, but sometimes it adds fun being able to join a big battle with several friends not just a couple of them, and also i didnt see any 1 on 1 capabilities for dueling during any of the betas or was i overlooking? will that be coming later? or just not something people are wanting to see right now?

been a huge fan of dnd since i was little, and played on paper and imagination when i was younger and played ddo online, and been a big fan of forgotten realms books, and all i can say so far, is im impressed with this game, took my imagination into a game, and im looking forward to seeing where it evolves over the years, cryptic is number 1 in my book :)
a free game worth spending real money on never thought id see it, thanks and keep up the great work cryptic
Post edited by shadowheartbry on

Comments

• imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    No, all dungeons are for 5 players, but there are heroic versions of every dungeon, too, for max level characters.

I don't know about the PvP BGs, though.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    hmm the Gauntegrym event is only thing that comes to mind from my experience and it has multiple phases consisting of pve and pvp elements. I didn't have enough experience with it to provide more details.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Are there raids or is it strictly five-man dungeon content?
    The Squez wrote:
    They're built for five-man parties, not for 40-man raids.

Massively Exclusive Part One (raid reference)
    Massively Exclusive Part Two (in case you are interested)

:cool:
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wow wasnt the first mmorpg yo use the term raid.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love to see some raid size contains in near future if there none now.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • drewbert1drewbert1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't much care. I do hope there is a henchman system, or something, though so you can solo play through most of the game.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember a dev saying that they are discussing inhouse about raid content (If I'm not mistaken they talked about wow type and 10 mans), it was on total biscuit's WTF show.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    Gauntlgrym will have 20 man teams, including 20v20 PvP (it has both PvE and PvP) and the developers are planning on releasing more raid-type content in the future as the game goes on.
  • shadowheartbryshadowheartbry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thanks everyone :) i was just hoping something bigger than 5 but deff dont want ridiculous like wow, 10 mans would be sweet, thanks again for being an awesome community and not trolling me :)
    hit me up if anyone needs a wizard in party, always looking for new ppl to game with and help out (sorta play a glass cannon)