test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many servers listed in Open Beta?

flipsydesflipsydes Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I had a chance to play in Closed Beta Weekend 3. I thought it was odd that there was only one Server to play on? Since most likely more people will be playing in the Open Beta or at Launch will there be more servers?
Post edited by flipsydes on

Comments

• Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From the extended FAQ:

Yes, Neverwinter will have three shards at launch. The shards will be named:
    • Beholder
    • Dragon
    • Mindflayer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    From what I understand, those three servers will then be merged eventually (names and such are already shared among the three shards). Neverwinter uses a different system than some of the other MMOs: It will all just be one large world, one larger server, where areas are instanced on an as-needed basis. This means just one AH and you can play with friends without the problem of them being on the wrong server, or being stuck on a deserted server.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, i am a little worried then... What about server lag? Players from Europe will have to deal with oversea
    Latency.. As i know cryptics servers are located to US right?
  • Options
    hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the "servers" are just temporarily. it will be 1 gigantic entity after launch.

Its been said the servers in the shards are location at different locations

Iv never had lag in a Cryptic game and I'm from Norway so i wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Lol have u played CO at launch? To me it was almost unplayable due to lag...
  • Options
    zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hexagar wrote: »
    Hmmm, i am a little worried then... What about server lag? Players from Europe will have to deal with oversea
    Latency.. As i know cryptics servers are located to US right?

I am from Europe and I had zero issues with lag during the beta weekends. That doesnt mean you wont have any, but I am not worried about it.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sever are locate in the State of California aka west coast USA.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Sever are locate in the State of California aka west coast USA.

As i was expecting ... That not good.. I had some lag at bwe3 and as i said above i have a really bad experience with cryptic in CO.. Lets wait and see...