test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any challenge?

wilddemonratwilddemonrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Does Neverwinter get harder? only played up to low teens during beta and almost everything was a cake walk.

Is there any challenge later?

Thanks.
Post edited by wilddemonrat on

Comments

• Options
    hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Aye, the game starts scaling to be harder at the late 20s early 30s.
  • Options
    wilddemonratwilddemonrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, but how hard, will you die? or will it be on level of swtor and wow, that if you have any sense you'll find it very hard to die.
  • Options
    moondawg13moondawg13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you play some of the UGC (User Generated Content) Foundry Quests you will find yourself taking a dirtnap on occasion. Some of quests are very challenging, either solo or in a group.
    Campaign: The Legend of Snowmane
    Chapter One: In Search of the Legend
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The mechanics of the fights change on higher lvls due to mobs having more skills. I feel the game is more difficult than wow, i can remember grouping 10-20 mobs with my mage or pally with no issue, that will not be the case here, try that solo and you will die.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks all.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Well will you die well it likely you will at times. How often though depends on your reflexes.
    Case in point I died on one of my characters to a boss when I messed up my movement (he got a few big splat attacks on me), another time I got swamped by the boss add spawns and died, shear weight of numbers.

Ideally you want to kill the boss as fast as possible while dodging his big attacks, though you will have to stop and thin out the adds now and again.
  • Options
    hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    The game is very level dependant. You will get times where you will be under-levelled and the game becomes a lot harder. If you player a lot of USG, the game will be 'much' easier.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    MMOs are usually easy at low levels since those are only for game learning.

I didn't play high levels but I saw many people sying it becomes harder in high ones. I hope 60 get's really hard and ask for a lot of skill form players, at least at best dungeons.